Scubaboard Surge 2017 Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Kathy:)

"The Bag Drag" does not sound like fun:(. I have taken the ferry from Playa to Coz to dive and that was not fun. CVChief has a van driver that picks him up in Cancun and takes him to the ferry. Sounds like an easy process! Wife is already fretting over the "little" plane from GC to CB! She would never have gone to Saba with me!

My husband likes taking small planes, it is one of the highlights of the trip for him. You have the option to take a jet to Brac but he always want to take an Otter or the Saab Turboprop as a second choice.

We took a liveaboard to Saba but we got off at the end of the week to spend a few days on the island, so we had to take a flight on an Otter back to St. Martin. I was actually glad to get on the Otter because I was so seasick during the deep-water crossing from St. Martin. But it is rather exhilarating to see the plane racing toward the ocean just before takeoff!

I think that our most interesting flight was the tiny plane we took to San Salvador in the Bahamas in the Bermuda Triangle. They weighed each of us and our luggage to decide who/what could be put on the flight!

You can tell your wife that the planes to Brac are not really tiny; the Saab Turboprop is actually pretty large, and it is a very short flight - like 15 to 30 minutes.

Woo Whoo!
We have a new thread and the SURGE 2017 Crew list is looking fine!
Offical Scubaboard Surge 2017 Crew List
Can't wait to meet all my adoring fans and make new ones!
Tee Hee!

I also heard that a Crew map will go up
once we get some of your locations confirmed.

Just waiting for 2 more cities and I can finish up the map for now. Welcome to all the SURGE 2017 Crew!

Hi Colin,

We just returned from the Brac 4 days ago. I'm also not a huge fan of smaller aircraft, so tell your wife for me that the Saab feels fine in the air -- it even has assigned seats and a flight attendant. The twin otter is a bit small ( we were on both, one going and the other returning), but even in windy, cloudy weather both flights were pleasant and smooth. And the view of Little Cayman is fantastic!
We aren't going on the Surge trip, but really hope you all have fun. Been to the Brac twice recently, and hoping to go back in August, if anyone has questions about non-Surge Brac-related stuff, feel free to reply.
Sue

Hi Kathy V.,
The trip was great! We stayed at Brac Caribbean Condos (I think you know the area, those are the sky blue buildings on south side road on the way towards Brac reef resort). The condo had 3 balconies, all with gorgeous ocean views. I loved it. Hubby enjoyed diving with both Brac Scuba Shack (4 days) and Reef Divers (2 days). Seas were a little rough a couple of days so they stayed fairly close to shore on those days but he had smooth-as-glass seas on the day to Bloody Bay Wall at LC. I loved Public Beach, many days I was the only person there. We explored caves and the Parrot Preserve and CB museum when hubby was topside. We enjoyed all the local spots for lunch and dinner, and the bar/restaurant at Captain's Table. Can't wait to go back! Maybe we'll meet you there someday? I read your posts on T.A., too.
Sue

Hi Kathy V., The trip was great! We stayed at Brac Caribbean Condos (I think you know the area, those are the sky blue buildings on south side road on the way towards Brac reef resort). The condo had 3 balconies, all with gorgeous ocean views...

I have seen those condos, that is a very pretty property. Tonight on HGTV they are showing the episode about Cayman Brac and they visit those condos, see the link below.

It is one of those "(un)reality programs" where the couple briefly tour 3 properties and then decides where to live. But it was fun to see the scenes of Brac and I loved the way they wife kept saying that she wanted "to be on the West End near to the shops and dive operations!" There are only 2 dive ops on the island and hardly any shops and the island is only about 14 square miles - so what could be far away?!

Shelter From the Storm in Cayman Brac

Yep, we've seen that show, too. In fact, the second condo featured on that show is the exact unit (condo #13) we stay in/stayed in.

On the phone with Bay Adventurers now -

All single rooms available at discounted rate are SOLD OUT, and he is checking on double occupancy rooms. :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom