ScubaDrew at the Carthaginian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MauiScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Had the extreme pleasure of surprising ScubaDrew when he showed up to check-in for the Extended Horizon's Thursday afternoon Carthaginian charter, as I was tagging along for a look-see the whole day.

Since Drew was doing his own thing and I had already shadowed the Lanai dives earlier, I was allowed to accompany Drew with my camera on the afternoon dives. We were supplied with ~35% EAN but still managed to gauge 98' as the sea bottom at both bow and stern. There was only one group of divers with the EH guide (pink wings) and we splashed well ahead of them, so we had the ship to ourselves for quite a while.

P10100781.jpg

Shortly after they joined us the Atlantis sub made it's passes on the wreck. It went on the starboard side of the Carthaginian this time, which was a nice photo change from my previous Carthaginian adventure.

P10100904.jpg

P1010099.jpg

P10101002.jpg

Drew entertained me with his famous bubble rings during our SS as the other divers ascended the line below us. I am still not completely unpacked on the West Side, so these photo's are just minimally processed on my laptop.

P1010106.jpg

P10101081.jpg

It was really cool that we hooked up for this dive even though we didn't really plan to. I'm sure Drew will join us with some video as soon as his family visit allows. :D

A dive I've never done. I'm working on changing that since I'm certainly not in love with the keys.

Thanks Steve. Again a great perspective of a fun dive. Looks like there was no current that day, nice!!

a great dive. i loved it that they timed the arrival of the atlantis sub. did you catch the resident frog fish?

did you catch the resident frog fish?

If you look at the last wreck picture above (#4), and look closely at the top of the line floating up from the stern railing; hooop, dere't is!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom