scubaforce expedition SE drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh the diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
does anyone have experience using the scubaforce expedition SE drysuit and can give a review on it?

My shop is pushing these. They’re very nice, heavy duty. I dive with 5-6 people who have them. None of them have any complaints on the suit itself. Only complaint I’ve heard is one or two have showed up new with leaks from the factory and had to be sent back. My wife ordered one, and is waiting for it to come in soon

I've got about 350 dives on one. I'm not easy on my gear, and cave diving can tear up suits quickly. I have absolutely zero complaints on the expedition SE.

So my wife’s brand new custom, expedition se showed up. Dove today for first time, has a leak on a seam, getting her entire leg wet. They obviously don’t know how to leak test drysuits, kind of concerning. My wife chose latex seals rather than silicone, suit was shipped with silicone. They definitely don’t have their sh*t together at Scubaforce. It’s a great looking suit, looks nice, looks rugged. I can recommend them at this point, unless your willing to put up with poor quality service .

I have two scuba force suits: one SE with Kevlar overlay and extra reinforcements and one regular with Cordura overlay.

Quality of the material is really great, the Kevlar one is nearly unbreakable and also the fabric on the regular is super tough. I got the SE/Kevlar for cave diving, but not sure if it’s really necessary.

Quality of the manufacturing, ie seams etc has also been very good on both my suits.

However.... I had a similar experience as above with the service. Neither of the suits arrived as specified, one had a wrong type of boot on it, the other a different zipper, and with one of them there was an issue with the fit (on a made to measure suit). All of this was corrected for free, so I have two good suits that I am happy with, but it took quite some time and back/forth to get to this point. If you don’t mind that happening, I’d say you get a lot of suit for your money. Depending on the extras, where I live it’s 2/3 of an equivalent Santi and 1/2 of an equivalent DUI.

So overall, great suits once you have it in your hands in the config that you want.

Those who got their suits with the wrong configuration / accessories, did you order these from a dealer or were you guys dealing directly with the manufacturer?

I live 19 miles from Scubaforce North American distributor in Lake City FL. On November 1st they underwent a major reorganization. I personally know the new regional manager and the drysuit technician. In fact I just had them put new boots in my DR905. Great folks, you should get to know them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom