ScubaL Still in Business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K

Contributor
Reaction score
As I wrote in Post 19 of this thread, I need a replacement backpack for my son's old Triple-L Stratos BC.

ScubaL, as they're called now, have the replacement backpack on their web site here, for $16. But the web site gives me a Fatal Error when I try to place an order. And they're not answering e-mails. There's only a recorded announcement to leave a message on their U.S. phone number . And they're not answering their phone number at their factory in Vietnam (12 hours time difference from EDT).

Anyone know whether they're still in business? It's August, but it's unlikely they'd all be on vacation at the same time. Did they kill the goose that was laying their golden eggs, when they increased their prices by 100% to match those of name-brand equipment?

oemscuba.com

if you have a problem with the new site PM me or leave a message here and I will give you my email and make contact for you, I work with this factory every day,

Also if you do a skype search on OEM SCUBA, you should find some of their staff online.

Craig

oemscuba.com

if you have a problem with the new site PM me or leave a message here and I will give you my email and make contact for you, I work with this factory every day,

Also if you do a skype search on OEM SCUBA, you should find some of their staff online.

Craig

*whew* Thanks a lot, Craig! Are you with the company? I see by your profile that you're in Vietnam.

In any case, I'd sure appreciate your help.

So they changed their name yet again, huh?

I see the Standard Backplate in their .pdf catalog on the oemscuba.com web site (under "Accessories"), but I don't see it on their web site itself.

In fact, I don't see any pricing at all, or any way to order anything -- though there's a "View Cart" page.

Is the web site still being developed? Or are they now doing wholesale only? Or am I missing something?

While I'm at it, I'd also need two Tank Straps.

Oh... I'm afraid I don't Skype. :D

Thanks!

Attachments

• backplate.JPG
    backplate.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 37
  • strap.JPG
    strap.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 27
I have been here for 11 years and have worked closely with them to make the product more retail looking as you will see by the new PDF brochure, I work in the dive industry here so was able to get things from the factory into the dive centers for testing and accelerate the new products like the inflator and the integrated weights,

We actually sell the BCD's here locally as well ....

you cant access this site scubal.com ??

Sorry I just read your OP again, try emailing to salesxxx@xxxoemscuba.xxxcom remove the xxx I put them in there to stop the email farming software...

No their main business has always been OEM stuff, you would be surprised what brands they actually make in the factory that you would be very familiar with the names...

TripleL was just their company to sell some units on the side, their main business is runs of 10,000 units etc for BRAND NAME COMPANIES.

Thanks Craig!

Hey, I just quadrupled your post count since you joined ScubaBoard in 2003. :D

I'm e-mailing them at the address you gave.

I do appreciate the price-vs.-quality ratio that the Triple-L and ScubaL products had in the past -- we own four Triple-L BCs in the family. Not sure they still have that price advantage now as "house brands."

Is Craig your nom-de-guerre, or are you an expat over there? :eyebrow: (Geez, "over there" is pretty early in the morning right now!!)

It would be interesting :wink: to see a list of companies to which they supply product!!!

the K

It would be interesting :wink: to see a list of companies to which they supply product!!!

It would indeed be interesting, though I'm not sure what practical use that would be. There have been some guesses that some other non-name brands are made by them (Sea Elite), but I'm not convinced.

their oemscuba.com web site seems geared toward wholesale supplying to "partners"; they don't give prices, but mention that prices are dependent on quantities ordered.

If everyone checked their "Made In..." labels on their BCs and dive bags, I'm sure that would be revealing... I doubt there's more than one company like this in Vietnam.

I seem to remember you've got some experience over there, some years ago?

Yeah, after checking out the oemscuba.com web site some more, it does look like it is wholesale only. The minimum order is five pieces per size for any item, with a minimum order of $2,500.

And the "retail" scubal.com site is still giving me a Fatal Error when trying to order.

I hope the folks at the factory will be able to help after I e-mailed them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom