Scubapro A700 - the King of Bling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish they'd bring back a vintage version of the Balanced Adjustable or a metal cased version of the G250V.

I second that! I've been looking for a decent Balanced Adjustable for my Mk2. That A700 just looks funky:shakehead:

Still though I think my Aqualung Legend LX is still the KING of BLING. Can't beat that ghetto tastic gold ring!

I wish they'd bring back a vintage version of the Balanced Adjustable

Such an offering might not be able to weather the competition from all the 109s and 156s that are still around at very reasonable prices.

Such an offering might not be able to weather the competition from all the 109s and 156s that are still around at very reasonable prices.

I wonder about this. Actually I think the popularity of the true vintage version and the re-issue would help the marketing of both, more than compete with each other. I certainly don't see older G250s losing their value, and the G250V seems to be doing just fine.

A high end reproduction of the balanced adjustable would probably spark wider interest in the original B/A, and the resulting higher value on those would increase the appeal (call it credibility for lack of a better word) of the new one.

At least that's a guess.

Well, I like it.

I like the metal second.

I like the allen screws for the diaphragm cover.

I like the compact squarish second.

I like it with that piston first.

I like it.

Go Scuba Pro Go.

N

I kinda like the look too, and I need a new reg, but I'm going to have
to see this in person first. Like someone else said - maybe it's not
photogenic.:D

thanks for the review...
looks like the spring chamber vents on the MK25 are redesigned as well; any idea whether it will come with AF/TIS kit?

You have to love scuba bling. I have said I wouldn't buy a new reg until they started making them out of brass again,never thought it would happen though.I like it,might just have to purchase one.:lotsalove:

Two words: ugh lee

I actually liked the look and feel of the A700. It is compact, well-built and to my mind better looking than the S600, S555 or the butt-ugly X650, which looked like a couple of dog's testicles hanging off your chin.

As far as I am aware, all the MK25s that come with the A700 have TIS, as you definitely need this in the UK for the cold water, and the existing top-of-the-line, S600/MK25, comes with it in UK territories.

Frankpro1, the Aqualung Legend LX is a great-performing, decent-looking reg, but the second stage is still only plastic with a gold-coloured metal ring stuck on the front, what made this really stand out in bling, bling terms is the mega-chromed finish in both the second and first stages. This thing really gleams!

Mark

Frankpro1, the Aqualung Legend LX is a great-performing, decent-looking reg, but the second stage is still only plastic with a gold-coloured metal ring stuck on the front, what made this really stand out in bling, bling terms is the mega-chromed finish in both the second and first stages. This thing really gleams!

Mark

That's why I said it was ghetto tastic bling "something flashy that has no substance or meaning behind it". In my neck of the woods Bling is def not something good, but more of something to joke about. Though the gold ring is real gold/titanium plating over a brass base not just "gold-colored", its still only something flashy to draw the uninformed buyer in. Where as the A700's Bling is not just to draw the buyers in, but also serves a function. The all metal second stage will help to cut down dry mouth and be much more impervious to wear and corrosion. I agree that the Legend is a great performing reg and is not the best looking second stage out there. But I did buy it for its performance not its look. :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom