ScubaPro Chromacolor 297 O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAUIwowee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I recently came across an old ScubaPro Chromacolor O-ring organizing box for a service bench. It is teal blue in color with doors that fold down on either side. Most of the o-rings are gone from it, but there are several red 297 o-rings. These things are huge; about 3-1/2" in diameter! What reg or piece of equipment would these have been used for? As old as these o-rings are, I wouldn't use them to service a piece of gear, I was just curious what would use an o-ring this large?
BTW, does anyone know from what time frame this service box would be from?

Attachments

• 02-02-12 001.jpg
    02-02-12 001.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 191
My guess would be a lantern.

That's possible. Hadn't thought of that. I was focused on reg's but didn't think that these o-rings probably serviced all SP equipment.

The problem with my guess is that I don't remember ever seeing a ScubaPro lantern. I used to work in a SP LDS, but that was a long time ago. Luis H will know the answer; he worked in a SP shop too and is still young enough to have active brain cells.

Here is a 1973 catalog page

PagesfromScubapro1973.jpg

Here is a 1977 catalog page

PagesfromScubapro1977.jpg

I don’t know how long Scubapro offered those lights, but I had one in the early 70’s. I wish I still had it. :depressed: Actually I would like to buy one if anyone has one.

Note: I still have my Scubapro Optical mask shown in the second catalog page (I also had it since the early 70's). On the right avatar picture you can see that mask after I replaced the damaged rubber skirt with a silicone skirt. Actually that is not the original glass either. I don't wear prescription lenses anymore. :D

I also have a bottle of Spectramar Beris (recent find). I never used the stuff... bottled spit :shocked2:

Here's a picture of the o-rings. The 297 is the big one looped over the back two pegs. Anyone know how old this box may be?

Attachments

• 02-02-12 002.jpg
    02-02-12 002.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 146
I don't know how far back SP provided that box; but the shop I worked in had one in 1986. The different colors and numbers made it easy for us tank monkeys to get the o-ring sizes right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom