Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice videos. Am going to put some thoughts together, shortly.

In the meantime, even though all seems tight (no pressure drop with tanks off x hours), how about buttoning up all the ports and pressurizing it and holding the reg and tank neck in the sink for a bit to check for micro leaks? You'll have to depressurize by unscrewing a port, but since it is stable so far, there should be minimal risk.

Then, as @couv suggested above, put an IP gauge directly on a port, with no hose or second stage and see what IP does.

In the meantime, even though all seems tight (no pressure drop with tanks off x hours), how about buttoning up all the ports and pressurizing it and holding the reg and tank neck in the sink for a bit to check for micro leaks? You'll have to depressurize by unscrewing a port, but since it is stable so far, there should be minimal risk.

Then, as @couv suggested above, put an IP gauge directly on a port, with no hose or second stage and see what IP does.
OK I’ll do both as suggested. Thanks

Ready to go, A little nervous I've never plugged up a regulator without an OPV before. Yikes

upload_2020-4-20_15-55-16.jpeg

10 min in the water no bubbles.

upload_2020-4-20_16-29-35.jpeg

25 min no leaks.

With the IP test I don’t have the fittings to directly connect to the port without a hose, I thought I did.

25 min no leaks.

With the IP test I don’t have the fittings to directly connect to the port without a hose, I thought I did.

Ip test on a short inflater hose 137 steady, all other ports plugged.

With no leaks underwater, your piston shaft HP seal is good, and your piston ring (LP) is good.

With a steady IP, your HP seat and the knife edge is good.

So to me, the first stage is fine.

Next thing I'd try is to change the amounts of suction pump rpm and air bleed, and see if that eliminates the resonance. From your video, it sounded like you could try both higher and lower rpms on the pump. I don't know if you have similar latitude in your flowmeter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom