ScubaPro Classic Plus Vs Nighthawk, any comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V:
So I bought an MK25/G250HP setup, I'm thinking about going for a Classic Plus, what are the advantages over the nighthawk besides not being a back inflating BCD? My guy is asking about $810 with the Air 2 for it. Has anyone used the Aquateck Air 3? I've heard it's kind of cheaply made, is this true?
Thanks to all!!!

Did you consider going with a BP/W system? I bought a normal BCD 8 months ago (Seaquest Pro Unlimited) and althought it is a great BCD, at some stage I decided to go further and bought a Halcyon Eclipse wing system. Much more streamlined and much more possibilities to evolve with it. Now I am selling my BCD which I used only 4 times :/

My advice would be to think over it and maybe even try it.

The Classic Sport is a better choice. Not only is it less expensive, it doesn't have all the padding that adds drag. It's much more streamlined.

Well I thought about it, and thought about, and thought about it. I ended up buying a Zeagle Brigade. Larry's a good salesman. All of his arguments about why the brigade is better are completely logical and come from an ergonomic stance. I also bought the tusa air duo, which is apparently the same exact product as the Air-2, compare the patent numbers on the back of the 2 units.

I also cancelled my Mk25/G250HP order with LeisurePro (those guys are dicks) and ScubaToys matched the price. So far I'm really happy with the time Larry spent with me and the level of service and honest advice I received from him.

What's everyone's opinion on my decision, this is the 1st one I've made regarding buying equipment that I feel 100% confident in. Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post and everyone who is going to reply!

Zeagle makes a fine product. Even though I own a Knighthawk, I like the Ranger almost as well. You were smart to cancel with LP and order through Scubatoys. They are much better.

I am amazed that some think the Classic is better or more streamlined but we all have our opinions....

Back
Top Bottom