Scubapro Comfort Mask Strap & Foldable Snorkle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blad51

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
All,

I have a Oceanic Pocket Snorkel. I wear a Scubapro Comfort Mask strap. I want to use the pocket snorkel. However, the Velcro/plastic disc snorkel keeper is made to fit on a mask strap with a thinner strap.

Is there a snorkel keeper that will fit on the thicker Cormfort Mask strap? Or if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

All,

I have a Oceanic Pocket Snorkel. I wear a Scubapro Comfort Mask strap. I want to use the pocket snorkel. However, the Velcro/plastic disc snorkel keeper is made to fit on a mask strap with a thinner strap.

Is there a snorkel keeper that will fit on the thicker Cormfort Mask strap? Or if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Didn’t your strap come with the elastic double loop snorkel holder? I have some sitting around if I haven’t thrown them away. Also the old classic o-o type will work.

Didn’t your strap come with the elastic double loop snorkel holder? I have some sitting around if I haven’t thrown them away. Also the old classic o-o type will work.

Thank you for your answer! Yes. I do have the elastic loops from the Scuba Pro strap.

But, the pocket snorkel comes with a two part snorkel keeper. There is a part that attaches the snorkel tube. The second part is a plastic disc that attaches to the mask strap. The two pieces attach with heavy duty velcro.

So if you need to deploy the snorkel, you take it out of your pocket, unfold it, and attach the two parts of the snorkel keeper via the velcro. You can deploy the snorkel in the water without taking off your mask to secure the snorkel.

I am trying to figure out a way to get a keeper that will fit the thicker strap. Something that will allow me to use the velcro attachment or another keeper that I don't have to remove the mask to attach the keeper.

Thanks again for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom