ScubaPro G250 vs. G500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSRosecastle

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up a set of MK20's, each with my choice of G500 and a G250, or 2 G500's, but I don't know which would be the better combo to get. I know the G500 replaced the G250 and is suppose to be a newer better reg than the G250, but some ppl say the G250 is a better breather than the G500.

Opinions on set up? one of each or 2 G500's?

(for consideration, tis for a tech set up of dbls, one mk20 on each post, and then its either a G500 for primary and G250 for backup, or a G500 for primary 2nd stage and another G500 for backup 2nd stage)

SS Rosecastle

I have the MK20 1st stage and the G250Hp second stage. I love them. They are reliable, an easy breather and very easy to sevice. I have had them for about 2 and a half years and have never had a problem with them with over 125 dives on it.

I've never used a G500, but I bought my MK10/G250 in 1986. I've never felt the need for anything better. If any regulator breathes easier, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

You can't go wrong with either decision. flip a coin.

Last comment right on the mark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom