For Sale Scubapro Hydros, OCi, and Other Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aburns84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Getting out of scuba since I am starting to have panic attacks diving. (I had a near drowning incident in a tunnel with blame all around from faulty gear, no lights allowed, not having a buddy paying attention, not being prepared for that situation, and not signalling sooner his octo was flooding and wouldn’t purge. I made it out by switching back to my gear and 500 psi and going back 60ft of overhang and up 30ft but it was a scary situation. Sharing one reg could have been a possibility but we were approaching a keyhole sized for one person and before we got there there was a 60ft swim in near pitch black conditions where even if I could communicate the problem i was 2.5 breathes of water in and I couldn’t see his face let alone signal. Took a 2 year hiatus till I wanted to dive again, had trips planned (cruises) with dive excursions booked, bought new gear, and set rules to not dive in dark, overhangs, or much past 80 feet, but my enjoyment of diving and panic attacks this past weekend kind of has me on a course correction now. I will enjoy our oceans but will go back to safer options like snorkeling, boss scooter, and maybe snuba. I might try a discover scuba to test myself in a year or two so I am diving a shallow dive and closely monitored but I think I will go back to renting if I dive again. So frustrated I spent almost 4k on equipment and having panic attacks. Fwiw, the reg breathes great and hydros is amazing with no ride up and amazing trim but that drowning scare messed me up. My loss...)

All this equipment is almost new. 3 dives total on the scubapro gear and like 6 dives on the computer

Xl hydros pro (men’s) with air 2 and blue color kit
S620ti with mk25 evo with two blue miflex hoses
White Oceanic oci with transmitter brand new batteries installed with backup battery and orings (2 watch, one transmitter)
2 hp ninja pockets, 1 thigh pocket, small and large loop sets, knife mount, and scubapro titanium knife
Cheap blue hose clip to keep reg on d ring during setup
Hollis slim profile reg bag
Semi solid watch case for oceanic computer
Fusion 530 flashlight with wrist strap, rechargeable battery, and charger

If interested i have other goodies like 2xl to 4xl wetsuits in different thicknesses, mares gear bag, cressi big eyes mask, wetsuit cleaner, bcd cleaner, hangers for equipment, mares luggage bag, etc. For now I am only keeping things that might be used for snorkeling or paddleboarding. Ie a wetsuit or two, fins, mask, snokel, and boots.

Feel free to send me offers. I think for the hydros pro, s620ti mk25, and oci (will come with accessories, batteries, reg bag) I will ask for 2000 plus 100 shipping. I’ll refund the difference if the shipping is less or eat it if the shipping is more.

How much for just the hydros?

Oh, man. So sorry to hear about your misadventure and subsequent discomfort. Hope that you are able to work back to diving and get time and comfort in.

I am interested in more information about the ninja and thigh pockets. What are loop sets, please? Do you have pictures available?
Any more information about the wetsuits? Thicknesses, brands, etc?
Does the Fusion 530 have an adjustable beam?
Thanks for your help!

It might be best to close the thread. I’ve been researching on panic on dan’s website, articles, and youtube and I think I’ll hold off selling for now. I am going to do another refresher and a discover scuba at bonaire on my cruise to re-evaluate myself in a better test environment before I sell. Being in the lake with low vis, cold, near blackout depth, losing my buddy, getting the reg kicked out, out of practice, and needing more cardio due to out of breath could have created a perfect storm for the panic attack. Reading that nearly 25% of divers experience a panic/near panic situation made me really doubt my decision, that my training (within reason) kicked in and kept me from bolting, and sharing ways to avoid it in the future really helped. It probably wasn’t the best idea to get back into scuba with low vis and colder lake dives. I’m just land locked so went with a cheap local dive. Thanks for the offers. I even had a nibble from LeisurePro used gear (wo a quote) but I was playing the what if game all day if I did a discover scuba or two without issues and then regretted selling scubapro stuff.

@Aburns84 That’s great to hear!! Yes, the clear warm waters of Bonaire will be a world away from low viz cold lake.
I had a panic situation in my AOW, and fortunately had a great friend in the shop owner. He walked me through what happened and turned it all into a huge learning experience. That was 27 years and a few thousand dives ago.
Wishing you the best on your return to scuba! Let us know how it goes!
Happy bubbles....

I’m also glad you’re giving it another go. Many of us have had panic attacks leading to aborted dives. You just need to start slowly in benign conditions. Don’t move too fast so you can build confidence. Good luck!

Wow that absolutely sucks that you had a bad dive that resulted in panic attacks, but I think you are making the right decision to wait it out and try a few more warm water dives.

Hopefully you will get somebody who is sympathetic to your cause, and the dive goes smooth as glass.

I do have a question for you about the ninja pockets as I have the Hydros as well.......how do you like them, and would you ever consider using the thigh pocket instead?

I’m just looking at all their accessories now to add to mine, and would appreciate any feedback you may have. I realize you only had a couple of dives with it, but something is better than nothing.

Thanks,

John

Mixed feelings on the ninja pockets. At first I was just going to go with a thigh pocket since I was only ever going to store a pocket camera (tg4), flashlight, and pocket snorkel but the pocket was small and wanted to keep my aluminum light from bumping my camera. The ninja pockets are handy since they shrink down to a rolled safety sausage size. That way you can add a 1-3 pound weight easily. The problem is the quick connect is in an awkward position and was hard to get open quickly in the water since it sits under the weight pocket rather than more in the front and down. I only had reef gloves in it and maybe having something heavier like a light would help. I was a little worried they would hang down too low and if my camera was in a pocket it would get damaged when you store your tank and bcd on the boat but it actually had a few inches of clearance. The biggest rip off was the loop attachments. I wouldn’t trust a light or safety sausage with them and my dive light just flopped around. I just added a generic caribiner to my wrist strap and used my metal d-ring on the bcd. If you get a knife measure it first. Their titanium knife is longer than the weight pocket and kind of looks silly and it isn’t a super long knife. I just always have a knife at the lake since I always find fishing line and lures below. I’ll probably keep using the ninja pockets just so I can keep the light and camera separate.

Thanks for all the support. Have my fingers crossed that scare was a one off and I can find the fun factor again.

@Aburns84 Thanks very much for the detailed reply, that's very helpful.

Again all the best, I know that you can get past this bit of a hiccup.

Safe and happy diving.

John

Back
Top Bottom