I purchased my first set of gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It always fun getting new equipment. been doing it for years. Ran out of places to keep mine so I moved. Pilots and divers have one thing in common. The other day I was in the local shop picking up my regulator from its annual overhaul. The tech remarked that the regulators were 20 years old and still in good condition. That never keeps me from browsing.
We do like our gear. I think I have enough to outfit a Seal Team platoon. Yours should last a long time with proper care. The most corrosive element when it comes to one's dive gear is usually another diver who uses different gear. I hope you have as much fun with your gear as I have with mine.

Solid gear choices!

Hi @BigMooseWarning

I might have gone for a different second, I like the C370 for quality and price
Off topic a bit since OP didnt go with a C370 but I wouldn't recommend that reg (or A700 etc) to anyone who beach dives or dives in silty water.

Every one of these I work on, the fine plastic threads on the adjustment shaft are bound with sand inside the metal sleeve. Getting them apart is a royal pain and many times the plastic shaft gets deformed in the process. One of SP's rare goofs IMO.

So, after about a month of researching and talking to a few divers, I made the choices I felt were right for me. There were so many opposing opinions that it genuinely made me do my research and try to make the best choice for myself. I wanted to post to see what people think of the setup and offer opinions or insight. I have gotten a lot of mixed reviews on the BCD, but mainly from the earlier generations. I will be using this equipment for recreational diving and travel! I don't have plans on technical diving until I have many more dives under my belt.

Scubapro Hydros Pro
Scubapro MK25 EVO / S620Ti
Scubapro R195 Octopus
Shearwater Perdix 2 Ti

I think this is a pretty solid setup and should last me a long time if I take care of it.
Nice setup. I too, bought a Hydros pro as my 1st bcd. Did my OW, with it and am now at 358 dives. Love it still. I also have a MK25evo, but I went with a G260, and a Peregrine. Your gear will last years, providing you take care of it.

You have done well, good gear.
Now dive and dismiss all the 'noise' " you should have bought this regulator or whatever wing", enjoy and safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom