Scubapro Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburgert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Broke a strap on my Hydros, it took 2 years, but I did it. Who else is in the broken strap club? I know a few are.

Where did it break? There is a known issue with the first production run where the connection between the shoulder strap and the backplate breaks because it is just monprene. The replacement straps have the nylon webbing run all the way through to the backplate.

Given that you've been diving with it for two years, I'm going to assume it's one of the earlier ones. Bring it to a LDS that sells Scubapro gear and they should be able to get you sorted out. A buddy of mine had the same thing happen with his and they sent his shop replacement straps.

Failing that, reach out to ScubaPro directly. They react well to direct customer contact.

"There is a known issue with the first production run where the connection between the shoulder strap and the backplate breaks because it is just monprene. The replacement straps have the nylon webbing run all the way through to the backplate."

Not really correct. All the straps have had webbing all way through. The straps would never actually break, as in separate from the backplate. Just the monoprene padding on the strap would split around the place where the webbing strap attached to the back. The monoprene never carried any weight and the connection was never going to break.

Even though the monoprene ripped I was still able to do an hour dive. The nylon webbing is strong.

Back
Top Bottom