scubapro MK X part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsenloe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have a new HP seat retainer #10101106 and seat that they would sell me. I do not have a SP dealer near me and just picked up a very nice first stage with the exception of this part, which has been marred by the use of the wrong tool. Thanks Scott

Sorry no retainer, common problem.
You could always mount the reg swivel up and not have to look at the gouges.

If the problem is simply cosmetic, I would not worry about it. Seat retainers will show up occasionally on ebay. The Mk5 and Mk7 use the same seat retainer so you could also go looking for something from an otherwise unusable reg. Seats (rebuild kits) are reasonably common on ebay and from a number of other sources (like Shop Online)

Is it a case of the part no longer being available from SP?

That would be better asked on the Scubapro forum. I suspect Scubapro is no longer producing many parts for those older regs so it is then a matter of whether they still have any in stock.

The most likely solution you could get from SP would be a MK10+ conversion kit, which would include a different piston and seat retainer. Then you'd have a MK10+, for better or worse. I heard that they were officially out of those, but I think I also read that there were still a few in stock. It's very doubtful that they would have a standard MK10 seat retainer. Another option, if you have to replace the part, would be to find a SP aficionado or long-time dealer who has converted a MK10 to a MK10+ and thus has the leftover retainer from the MK10.

If you simply cannot live with it that way, buy a MK 10/5/7 for cheap on ebay. Exchange the parts you want and re-sell it.
......................................or.................
Take the part to a custom auto shop that does chrome work and have them sort it out.

The most likely solution you could get from SP would be a MK10+ conversion kit, which would include a different piston and seat retainer. Then you'd have a MK10+, for better or worse. I heard that they were officially out of those, but I think I also read that there were still a few in stock. It's very doubtful that they would have a standard MK10 seat retainer. Another option, if you have to replace the part, would be to find a SP aficionado or long-time dealer who has converted a MK10 to a MK10+ and thus has the leftover retainer from the MK10.
As far as I know, Scubapro is out of Mk 10 to 10+ conversion kits. At Beneath the Sea two years ago I was advised they had 8 of them left. I ordered 4 through the shop owner I work with, who was way too slow in actually placing the order and by then they were out.

If it's just cosmetic you might find someone who'd trade it for one in better condition. I have 4 or 5 left over from Mk 10+ conversions, but I want to maintain the ability to convert them back in the event I have a Mk 10+ piston go bad as those are not made anymore either.

As far as I know, Scubapro is out of Mk 10 to 10+ conversion kits. At Beneath the Sea two years ago I was advised they had 8 of them left. I ordered 4 through the shop owner I work with, who was way too slow in actually placing the order and by then they were out.

If it's just cosmetic you might find someone who'd trade it for one in better condition. I have 4 or 5 left over from Mk 10+ conversions, but I want to maintain the ability to convert them back in the event I have a Mk 10+ piston go bad as those are not made anymore either.

It's funny, I was going to mention you as a possible resource for this, but I didn't know if you still had any MK10 parts. Glad to see you posting on this forum again.

A quick question; are the MK10+ pistons brass tipped like the middle generation MK20 pistons or are they dull-edged stainless, or were there both?

Try Glynn Palmer at Malibu Scuba (West Coast). He has a crazy inventory....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom