Scubapro MK2 piston HP o-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Quick question: has anybody tried a Duro 70 o-ring on the piston stem of a SP MK2?
It's item 01-050-126, a -008 EP 85 as per SP, but the one I removed from this battered reg feels as soft as a Duro 70 -008.

Generic duro 70/75 is all I have ever used in that application - no problem.

Thanks, I'll fix it up then - I wasn't sure if this thing is worth the price of a 008 VT 90 (including shipping) :D

Or the effort it would take to stretch a duro 90 over that piston shaft.

That o-ring does not have the same high pressure gradient as the balanced piston o-ring. I'm sure the lower duro will work fine. You could try polyurethane if you're ultra obsessed.

My only obession is to get that thing out of the way: it's an unwanted collateral from my last eBay purchase, with rust all over its body parts. Yes, iron oxydes. But after a good bath, it looks quite new inside.

Thanks.

Rust always scares me more than verdigris... How bad was the rust? Was it from the piston?

No, by telling from the gradient of browns, it's blown in from some rusty steel tanks.

Everything cleans up nicely except the inside of the hoses. I ran water thru them and it comes out clean, but when I poke cotton swabs in them, they come out brown. Anybody know where to buy 30" swabs? :D

No, by telling from the gradient of browns, it's blown in from some rusty steel tanks.

Everything cleans up nicely except the inside of the hoses. I ran water thru them and it comes out clean, but when I poke cotton swabs in them, they come out brown. Anybody know where to buy 30" swabs? :D

Pull, don't push. Run (push) stiffer wire through hose. Connect to string and pull that through. Connect string to swab and pull that through. If string is long enough, change swab and repeat until satisfied. If not, go back to the wire.:D

HP hose is a problem but, with so little flow, you can either live with it or replace it.

I know you can find the cotton swabs with longer wooden handles (like they use in doctor's offices to take a throat culture). That would get you pretty far in on both ends.

Then, you could take it and try and to push it through using something long and thin.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom