Scubapro MK20/G250: Ten Years After

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 PSI creep is well within SP's specs, and a new seat is $7. No big deal either way. Shall I flip a coin?

Spoken like a man who can walk into an LDS and expect to buy parts.:crafty:

I would never swap out a seat for only 3 psi of creep.

You just love rubbing it in, don't you....:mooner:

...just what I was thinking.

Yeah, buy something else or if you do buy the seat, keep it for later. Thanks for another cool graph, Brother Zung.

I mess with the second stage some more, swapping parts with a rogue G250 I reported elsewhere, and there's a strange little incident: the #23 o-ring on the hose side of the barrel keeps extruding out of its groove when I push the barrel into the housing. It's a 01050160, or 2-016 EP70. After a couple of tries, I put a 2-015 EP70 and it works OK now.

Interestingly, awap's first o-ring sizes list stated the 160 should be a 2-015. But then I used the 2-016's in 5 others seconds and they work fine.

First off, you should know by now not to question The Master. But if you want to figure out an o-ring size and you don't have a NEW example. Take that fancy dial caliper of yours and measure the groove the o-ring fit's in. Then subtract approx. 2% (multiply by .98) then find the closest I.D. size or smaller (to as much as 5%) on a chart. http://www.marcorubber.com/sizingchart.htm For example, on your air barrel you measure the groove and find it's .555 inches. Multiply times .98 = .5439 The closest or smaller is an I.D. of .551 which is a -015

Edit: In a very roundabout way I'm trying to say an o-ring should have about of 2-5% stretch for a good fit.

I'm at work and I don't even have any of those cheap, sissy-boy, excessively o-ring laden, plastic fantastic, non-metal, POS G250ies anymore, :) so I'm just guessing at the figures above. However, I'd be interested to know what the dimensions really are.

Couv

I like this: whenever The Master goes against Scubapro, The Master wins!

Edit:

In the ugly world of reality, we're not there quite yet:
  • At the hose end:
    • The groove has a diameter of 15.88 mm or .6252 inch
    • 2% off is .613"
    • The closest one on the chart is still a 2-016 at .614" - the 2-015 has an I.D. of .551"
  • At the adjustment knob end:
    • The groove has a diameter of 16.20 mm, or .6378 inch
    • 2% off is .625"
    • OK-ish for the 2-016
I guess the hole in the housing has something to do with this as well.
For now, it works: I did the "suck test" and it's fine.

Last edited:
... I don't even have any of those cheap, sissy-boy, excessively o-ring laden, plastic fantastic, non-metal, POS G250ies anymore, :)... Couv

Bro, you're still diving those regs made of stone?
:D

PS:
They are dangerous and non compliant to the emission law of the state of Texas. You should send them to me immediatly for proper disposal!

Last edited:
I like this: whenever The Master goes against Scubapro, The Master wins!

Edit:

In the ugly world of reality, we're not there quite yet:
  • At the hose end:
    • The groove has a diameter of 15.88 mm or .6252 inch
    • 2% off is .613"
    • The closest one on the chart is still a 2-016 at .614" - the 2-015 has an I.D. of .551"
  • At the adjustment knob end:
    • The groove has a diameter of 16.20 mm, or .6378 inch
    • 2% off is .625"
    • OK-ish for the 2-016
I guess the hole in the housing has something to do with this as well.
For now, it works: I did the "suck test" and it's fine.

Sensei, the operative term is "or smaller." Let's work in mm
The groove you measured is 15.88mm
15.88 X .98 = 15.5624mm
The closest is a 15.60 but that is larger than 15.5624 so
We go to the next smaller a 14.00mm
Which is the same as a -015

Bro, you're still diving those regs made of stone?

Dive them? No, I just spend all my time gawping at them.

109-2.jpg

Bro, you're a Master too!
And you sure know how to make me jalous.
Like I said, please send them to me immediatly and I'll forward them to our world-class atomic waste recycling plant at no charge!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom