Scubapro mk21/S560 yes or no ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd_1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a new diver and I am thinking of buying a Scubapro mk21 first stage and a S560 second stage for my first regulator.

I don’t know much about the different ScubaPro models, but if @lexvil says “yes”, well, that’s good enough for me.

Enjoy your new regs.

Erik

About 10 years old and out of the lineup. There were some real fans of the non-turret MK21. As long as they can be serviced, you are good to go. You didn't mention what you will pay.

They are suppose to be new and the cost is $725.00
Then that is a "no" from me Much better deals out there

They are suppose to be new and the cost is $725.00
As mentioned previously, neither of these regulators are in the current US product catalog. Usually when a product leaves the catalog it gets a good discount. It seems like the selling price is list when it was still a current product. I suspect that the person selling it is trying to take advantage of your newness to the hobby.

I really like the MK 21, the super simple few parts great first stage. Here is a pretty good deal

the G260 is one of the best second stages they make.

As mentioned the MK21 is an outdated regulator. The MK25 with its swivel turret is an improvement in functionality. But the MK25 is a PITA to service compared to diaphragm 1st Stages, MK19.

IMHO Atomic B2s are a better value. I got rid of my SP products and replaced them with 10 sets of B2s. I use the B2 for tech doubles, Sidemount and single tank configurations for teaching and myself.

On a personal note, I see the OP has the 7ID as their avatar…cool. A few years ago ScubaPro $h!t all over a veterans group searching for WWII MIAs. They withdraw sponsorship of the dive team since the regional rep wasn’t making enough profit.

Back
Top Bottom