Scubapro MK25/MK25EVO, G260/S600/A700?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
We're ready to make the move and purchase 2 regulator sets and octos, one for my husband and one for myself. We're relatively new OW vacation divers, so no serious cold water diving. I've done my research and so far settled on the MK25 (or EVO) and the G260, S600 or A700. I've read all of the threads concerning these first and second stages, and STILL can't decide. From what I gather, I'll be fine with any combination of these. But really, from a practical standpoint, what's the difference between the MK25 and MK25EVO, and between G260, S600 and A700?

Should I just buy the package with the best price point or insist on one particular combination of these? Looks like the combination that most people like is the MK25/G260 as an all around good set of regs.

I've settled on Scubapro because they're easily available and serviceable locally.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

My buddy and I have a set of MK25 Evos/G260. They are really great regs. If we only did vacation diving, however, I'd probably shoot for a S600 second stage as they are a little smaller and lighter. You are correct though, any of these combos will perform great. Most people probably wouldn't notice any difference in breathing between them.

My buddy and I have a set of MK25 Evos/G260. They are really great regs. If we only did vacation diving, however, I'd probably shoot for a S600 second stage as they are a little smaller and lighter. You are correct though, any of these combos will perform great. Most people probably wouldn't notice any difference in breathing between them.

Yes!!! That's the type of "real world differences" I'm looking for! It's super helpful to know that the S600 is lighter than the G260, cause now I think the S600 is better suited for us vacation divers. Thank you!

Dog bowl, you might also consider the S560. I think it's one of SP's newer regs and it is even a little lighter than the S600.

what's the difference between the MK25 and MK25EVO

The MK25Evo is the newer version of the MK25 with better cold water specifications. ANY new stock MK25 will be MK25Evo. If it is without the "EVO" then it is probably very old stock.

As it was said, any combo of the second stages will be fine but the s600 will probably most suitable for your purpose for its lighter weight. AFAIK, the s600 is the more popular second stage in the three you mention.

If you aren't going to be doing cold water diving (below 10C), you should also consider the s560. The s560 is the S600 but all plastic and less cold water use.

The MK25Evo is the newer version of the MK25 with better cold water specifications. ANY new stock MK25 will be MK25Evo. If it is without the "EVO" then it is probably very old stock.

As it was said, any combo of the second stages will be fine but the s600 will probably most suitable for your purpose for its lighter weight. AFAIK, the s600 is the more popular second stage in the three you mention.

If you aren't going to be doing cold water diving (below 10C), you should also consider the s560. The s560 is the S600 but all plastic and less cold water use.

Great info! Thanks!

If price is not a major concern and you like small and light then I'd buy S620ti, I got my hands on one a week or so ago, light as a feather and marginally smaller than the S600. As has been posted all new stock MK25 are Evo. I used to dive the G260 a very nice breathing reg, as most are, certainly all those you're considering. If you're looking for longevity the A700 would be the winner just because it's all metal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom