Scubapro: MK25/S600 vs. other Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro is good on warranty, that's for sure. Or I just encountered an LDS that are awesome scubapro dealers. Or both. I bought mine online, and had a minor problem with it later. I was going to pay my local scubapro dealer to fix it since I didn't expect them to warranty an online purchase. They said both places were authorized scubapro dealers and covered parts and labor - all 5 minutes of it.

I have an (2012) r295 as my backup/alternate with the mk25 first and (2013) s600 primary. A more experienced diver could probably tell the difference in performance on those second stages but I really can't.

I believe a scubapro rep posted somewhere on this forum that appearance was the only difference between the 2012 and 2013 models. If you can still find a 2012 somewhere, enjoy a bargain.

I was looking at the same set up, but feel Scuba Pro while being a "Mercedes" brand name has competition and run its course with many other reg combos and competition now. With that said and I hope I don't get Scuba Pro flamed....I went with the Mares Abyss 22 to save a few bucks but dive a great reg used by Navy Seals at depth, with great reviews. I also started on an old Dacor full metal in 79 so I had some nostalgia in buying a full metal reg. I love my Abyss. Buy within your budget and you'll be fine.

this is unlikely due to the regulator coild be the mouthpiece or hose pulling on the reg. I have several metal regs including A700 which I dive regulary in long hose config and I am yet to experience jaw fatigue. If you dive a regilar config with 26-30 inch hose it could be the reason

As much as I like the A700 that reg is HEAVY! After an hour dive, my jaw was sore with that thing. No such fatigue with my S600, and no significant drymouth with the metal barreled version.

Decided to go with the MK25/S600. Now I just need to find out what octo and console to go with. I'll likely end up with an Oceanic Alpha 8 or Scubapro R095 and Scubapro 2-gauge console with SPG only, and throw my XP-10 computer in the 2nd slot.

As much as I like the A700 that reg is HEAVY! After an hour dive, my jaw was sore with that thing. No such fatigue with my S600, and no significant drymouth with the metal barreled version.

I have done multiple dives over three hours long with A700 regs and literally hundreds of dives between 60-85min with A700 regs and I have experienced absolutely no "jaw fatigue" at all. Maybe you need to relax your jaw, try a new mouthpiece, or change hose lengths. FWIW I do use seacure molded mouthpieces.

Yep I did one dive without the seacure mouthpiece on my a700 then I went and took it off my old reg and haven't taken it off since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have done multiple dives over three hours long with A700 regs and literally hundreds of dives between 60-85min with A700 regs and I have experienced absolutely no "jaw fatigue" at all. Maybe you need to relax your jaw, try a new mouthpiece, or change hose lengths. FWIW I do use seacure molded mouthpieces.
Could be it. I only used it with the SP stock mouthpiece. But I'm using the S600 anyway and am very happy. Next time around I might give the A700 a second chance.

Having had the MK25/S600 for 10 years now, I can honestly say it is an amazing set up, that breathes as easy at 130' as at the surface. The $200 extra is worth every penny as even after 10 years, I have 0 desire to change, upgrade etc and plan on diving it another 10+ years or as long as service kits are available.

Nice thing about Scuba Pro is they don't release a new reg every year, and you can confidently buy something knowing they will probably still sell it and parts 20-30 years later lol.

Back
Top Bottom