Scubapro MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadownFL

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used MK25/S600. I had the IP pressure set and the second stage set. Used it for the first time today and I was really disappointed. My 10 y/o Mares breathes much better. I was spearfishing and shot a big Cobia and with all of the activity the Scubapro couldn't keep up with my demand for air and I felt starved. With my Mares it seemed to be able to provide greater quanities of air. Maybe the sintered filter is clogged but it looks fine. Any suggestions?

Isn't the MK25/S600 suppose to be a very high demand/volume regulator?

Thanks

Did you only have the pressures set or did you have the entire setup serviced? Personally I would have had them serviced, depending on the age and most recent service date...

I think new model regs are over rated. I still prefer to use my older reg.

I tried APEKS and Scuba pro and keep going back to my abyss regulators.

I'll try to purchase any Apeks or SB that's not wanted any more. :wink: Of course, at a VERY inexpensive price. :wink:

Michael

So far my old Dacor 950, Pacer XL and Olympic 400 are working fine for me. Luckily for me there is a technician nearby (don't ask) who has a horde of Dacor parts on hand and knows what other parts will interchange for these old regs. He says he loves them because they are all metal and nearly bulletproof and they breathe so easily when correctly adjusted. A little heavy on the jaw though. Also, they are so nice and shiny with all the chrome. But, being 67 myself, they fit in with my other 'Dork' stuff.

What doesn't make sense to me is maybe the MK25/S600 isn't the best breathing reg in the world, but certainly up in the top five. Then how could there be such a noticable difference between it and a Mares, wwhich probably isn't even in the top 10?

Is there something, other than the sintered inlet filter which could restict flow?

Mine breaths great, my wifes not so great. Ive never figured out why?

I have the MK25 with the G250HP (almost identicle to the S600/same parts kit) and it breaths like a champ. I would check your 2nd stage internal adjustment, I turn to free flow then back just a pinch and it's awesome. I would be very surprised if your experience is normal for this reg as currently set.

--Matt

It's all about the adjustment of the 2nd stage. The IP has little to do with it (as long as it's within manufacture specs) A used reg adjusted but not overhauled? Don't worry, get it worked on somewhere else, the mk25 s600 is a kick:mooner: reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom