Scubapro mouthpiece clamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got mine to work with my Seacure just fine. A bit tough to close back up, but it worked. But I agree, a zip tie is faster/easier.

Ditto on this, I replaced my OEM with a seacure and used the SP clamp and it worked fine. Just a but tighter to get back on with the new mouthpiece.

That thing looks like a usless solution looking for a problem.

Remove and replace with a standard zip tie and just carry extras in your dive kit.

First time I serviced my G250V, I replaced mine with a zip tie.

As previously stated it may not be wise to reuse on other combinations as it is engineered especially for their mouthpiece shank. Hate to have a mouthpiece detach and take a huge drink on your next breath.
The ones on my G250V are a bit different than the one pictured in a previous post. I'll take a photo tonight and post it. I have had them off a couple times. It's a little tricky but not to bad. I usually use a small flat screwdriver.
Muddiver is right. A solution for a non-problem. I guess it just looks better to a manufacturer than a zip tie. Aqualung uses a similar one but much friendlier.

Lift latch as shown in photo one and pivot to position shown in photo two. The latch has a little safety catch on it so don’t be afraid to put a little force to it.
With latch in the position shown by the blue arrow in photo two insert screwdriver into narrow slot on left side of band (red arrow). While squeezing at the two red arrows in photo three push the screwdriver in the direction shown by the green arrow in photo two. The stainless steel catch will pop open. Pivot it as far out of the way as it will go and remove band.
To reassemble just reverse the order making sure that stainless catch is all the way down and lock the latch on the left side making sure the little safety catch engages and is flush with the top of the latch. Also make sure band is properly seated in mouthpiece groove.

Randy

Attachments

• SSCN2039.JPG
    SSCN2039.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 295
  • SSCN2034.JPG
    SSCN2034.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 308
  • SSCN2038.JPG
    SSCN2038.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Thanks all, esp. Randy for the detailed photos,

That pretty much sews it up; if I need to have a tool (screw driver) anyway, I may as well use zip ties. I was hoping these contraptions would be easy enough for a kid to use poolside with no tools, but 'tain't so.

Cheers,

Couv

Appreciate those photos. Just ready to remove a clamp on a R190.
Also going to be purchasing a G250V and it's good to know how these
clamps work.

Back
Top Bottom