ScubaPro NightHawk BCD (Reviews ???)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vapovick

Contributor
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has a ScubaPro NightHawk BCD, and can comment on it??

Likes and Dislikes??

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I love it.

The LPI dump is very well designed, you can actually control how much air you release.
Trim pockets give flexibility for different weighting depending on whether I'm in a wet/drysuit or different fins.
D rings on the shoulder/waist straps are perfectly placed (for me, at least) for slinging a pony.
The material on the back makes it comfortable for the few times I get to go diving in a pair of shorts.

Dislikes:

The fold out pocket is a bit of a waste of time.
The integrated weights can be a PITA to get in at times, particularly if you use (a lot of) shot in them.
Took me a while to get used to the inflate/deflate buttons on the LPI - just different from what I was used to, not bad per se!
The clip on the LPI for holding the LP hose to the corrugated hose comes off if you're not careful when de-rigging your kit - I've changed mine.
Tank band fiddly if you use different sized tanks.

I am really happy with mine as well. Others have posted good reasons, so I will not repeat them.

I have so far only used one size tank with it, so the strap system is really nice for me--attaching a tank takes seconds.

For me it feels like I'm diving without anything on. The bad part is the pockets are minimal at best.

I love mine. It's very light and streamline. My only complaint is the same as dlndavid's: I wish it had more pockets because although there are two of them, they are not very big.
I'm trying to get a friend of mine to buy one for his first BC.

Yup-Great Bc..pockets suck! Over 100 dives with it-only the one complaint!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom