Scubapro older G250 vs new G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a difference between the older and new versions of the G250? Or is it just new marketing?

The G250 was improved until it had to be re-introduced in its (nearly) former form as the G250V (V for vintage). -circular improvement. I dive both, nice regs.

More metal.. the 250V breaths just a bit easier....I have both.. like the V better, but both are nice.

Other than the reg on my pony bottle, I have dived with the older G250s strictly and absolutely love them. Wouldn't trade for a "modern" reg (unless it was a darned good one and an even trade). My G250s breathe great from the surface to 200 ft, I don't remember a single free flow in the last 10 years with them. They are pretty much bullet proof and I treat them rough.

How's that?
Just at first glance, the g250hp had too many plastic internal components, such as the air barrel if I remember correctly, which in My Opinion made it breathe much dryer leading to bad drymouth. The G250 and the G250V, again in my own experience and opinion, are more robust and do not lead to drymouth because they use the full metal air barrel. The metal air barrel I believe causes better hear transfer and condensation perhaps helps with the drymouth.

I own at least four of each, dive them all the time, and if it wasn't for the faceplace I couldn't tell them apart. All very nice regs. But you can get the G250's much cheaper than a brand spankin new G250V if you go about it right.

Puffer and Cylops are correct, only difference, plastic/carbon fiber vs. metal 2nd stage guts, which means new model = better in cold water.

Puffer and Cylops are correct, only difference, plastic/carbon fiber vs. metal 2nd stage guts, which means new model = better in cold water.
As stated above the G250HP is largely plastic and not in the same league.

The original G250 was indeed almost identical to the current G250V.

The G250V has in comparision to a G250:

1. A slightly longer air barrel with a slightly larger oval versus round aspirator hole
2. A slightly longer and larger splined nut on the inlet side of the barrel.
3. A plastic bushing where the lefer contacts the air barrel
4. A small plastic trim button in the end of the adjustment knob
5. A different dive/pre-diove label
6. An anti set feature in the purge button assembly
7. A different cosmetic purge cover design button
8. Very minor changes in the case - but it is close enough you can still swap parts between the two into either case with the exception of the larger splines on the nut on the inlet fitting.

The new G250V even has the older metal orifice and they both breathe equally well and any differences will be due to how they are individually adjusted.

Hi

I know it is a very old thread but I hope someone will respond... will the air barrel from the G250V fit the case of the Old G250?

Back
Top Bottom