scubapro pilot bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flynfish816

Registered
Reaction score
just wanting to see what people think about this bcd. I just bought one used for 160 with the air 2. I havent got it yet and could not find any reviewes in the search. So if any one has any thing to say about it please do

I did 9 dives in one last month, a rental from prodive mexico in Cozumel. It is an ok bcd. Jacket syle, with no weight integration( at least not the model I used).

It worked well, it had three dump options. Word of advice though, watch the tank strap hardware. My wife cut her finger pretty badly strapping her tank on the closure mechanism

Keep it mind that it doesn't matter what other people, magazines, etc. say about any BC. What matters is how it fits YOU, how it performs for YOU, and how much YOU like it. Fit is everything in dive gear, so don't listen to anyone's hype about anything being the "best" or "must have" gear. Find what fits you and works best for you, then go dive, dive, dive!

As a newly certified diver, I listen to another diver and read about the "best" women's BC, and decided to purchase based on those recommendations. Within 2 dives I knew I had made a huge mistake. I hated the "best" women's BC and knew I had been duped by advertisements. After selling it on e-bay, I began my search in earnest to find what would be best for ME, and it wasn't long before I had the perfect BC (for me).

So do your homework, but not by asking anyone else what is "best", but instead listen to recommendations and TRY FOR YOURSELF. There are a lot of choices out there, and one type/style/brand is NOT better than any other, regardless of what some folks hype. Pick your gear for YOU.

Back
Top Bottom