Scubapro R380 second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickoz

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all.
Does anyone know can the Scubapro R380 be serviced/played with to breath better, mines like sucking a pea through a straw ;-0

I have an R380 second stage and it breathes wonderfully. Try taking it to you SP rep at the LDS and see if they can tinker with it.
Marty

There's a little thing on the side called a VIVA adjustment, it can be adjusted from "min" to "max" (it might be -/+ on this one, I forget). It should be on the outboard side of the second stage, a little knob.

Check to see if yours is currently on "min" or -, if so change and retry.

If its already set open, have it serviced.

WW

Mine seems to breathe fine, but as Wreckwriter mentioned, there is an adjustment on the side which can open it up a bit. If you're having a lot of trouble, this probaby won't fix it, though.

I was in alot of surge though and it was my first time using the R380, brand new. Played with the VIVA but didn't help. I brought it in for service. Seems ok now. I still feel the draw off it is tight. I always thought it was just me.

SP has a lifetime warranty if bought from an authorized dealer but must be serviced by authorized tech for it to be honored.

My R380 breathes extremely well...I would have it adjusted by a professional SP service tech.

I got it secondhand but it was used only 2-3 times
(in new condition)
The side knob does nothing at all but it does move in side so it works.
Must just need a good service
(but I have used a mates & it breaths the same though).
Thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom