Scubapro S555 To S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm having my old reliable scubapro S555 (plastic insides) upgraded with S600 metal components (metal insides plus diver breathing adjustment knob)

this work is being done during a regular inspection/ cleaning/ service

does something like this (swapping parts..plastic to metal) add much labour cost to the service or should i just expect to be charged for the new S600 parts

thanks

I have done a few of the conversions and we only charged for the parts along with the regular service charge.

thank you .. that's what i figured but just wanted verification

Should be just the parts. I do hope you got a price up front on the parts as they don't come cheap.

thanks again guys .. always a pleasure dealing with everyone on scubaboard.
the work "is" being done as part of the annual service.
awap .. i'm putting my trust in the good people at the shop .. i don't mind paying a reasonable price for good service .. i can't see the parts being more expensive than a new reg, that wouldn't make sense (i hope)

i'm having my old reliable scubapro S555 (plastic insides) upgraded with S600 metal components (metal insides plus diver breathing adjustment knob)

this work is being done during a regular inspection/ cleaning/ service

does something like this (swapping parts..plastic to metal) add much labour cost to the service or should i just expect to be charged for the new S600 parts

thanks

I have purchased a number of balance upgrade kits of eBay and they have been supplied with a new plastic barrel (housing). With the older regs the barrel does not have the lug that the adjuster engages so the barrel must be changed. Cost US$40 complete.

I have also replaced the cover on one reg, 'upgrade kit' 11-602-010 contains the front cover assembly, purge cover and ring for the S600 cost AUD$36. Just like a new reg!

i have never had a reg with a diver adjustable inhalation knob
i just picked up my converted reg today ... s555 to an s600
i have a question regarding the breathing adjustment knob ....
turn the knob in one direction until it stops, how far will the knob turn in the other direction until it stops (1 full rotation, 2 full rotations ???)
i don't know what is normal/acceptable
thanks

Last edited:
I don't recall... but think the old and new versions are different. more than one turn :) I rarely turn mine, the occy's are a bit on the 'hard' to breath and primary's just as we like them...

Why do you ask? do you have a problem or just out of interest

tbar ... i just picked the reg up today from the dive shop .. i'm hoping to get into the water later this week
i test turned the adjustment knob on my reg and i could almost do 2 full rotations,stop to stop
i was wondering if that was to much adjustment
without prior experience i figured that more than 1 rotation may mean things didn't go back together properly
thanks

Back
Top Bottom