ScubaPro Seawing Nova durability/warranty replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am seriously considering purchasing a new set of Seawing Nova fins from an authorized local dealer for an upcoming trip to Bonaire, but after reading some reports about durability issues I am a bit concerned. Does anyone know if one of the fins breaks during use, would an authorized ScubaPro dealer in Bonaire swap them out for me?

I have around 20 dives on mine. No problems. So, far. I really do like these fins
Kurt in Cebu

I have about 100 dives on them including a week each in Truk, Palau and Bonaire. No problems at all.

As to getting them replaced in Bonaire if they did have a problem, your warranty is via US distributorship and more importantly, does anyone on Bonaire actually stock them....

I work for a SCUBAPRO Authorized retailer and I've seen three pairs come back due to breakage during the last year and those were used and abused heavily (and we've sold hundreds of pairs). All three came from Divemasters/Guides that had more than 150 dives a month. In our shop, we replace them, no questions asked. Also, during a recent SCUBAPRO product seminar the SCUBAPRO rep addressed it quite simply by stating that they would replace any broken fins on-the-spot.
I can't guarantee your dive shop in Bonaire would replace them but I rather doubt they're going to break during vacation unless you wear them out dancing at night...and then you deserve to break one.
BTW, I'm a little biased on this topic. I own two pairs (one white and one black). The white ones I wear when guiding (because they're easier to see) and the black ones when I spearfish or dive for fun. The only time I wear anything else is when I'm freediving and that's a whole 'nother thread....

I rather doubt they're going to break during vacation unless you wear them out dancing at night...and then you deserve to break one.

What else is there to do on Bonaire? I heard it is a disco paradise and the white Seawing Novas match my leisure suit so well...

They are very durable. I have 150 plus on mine, still brand new. Remember that some folks are capable of breaking anything. I know some guys that will complain about durability issue with Jet Fins and they are bulletproof.

Thanks all. I am sold. Now I need to decide between black and white. To those of you with white fins, how do they hold up? Do they discolor and stain easily?

Back
Top Bottom