Scubapro tank strap on Aeris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrecks30

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Quick Question,

I just put a Scubapro cam latch and strap on my my Aeris BC, now have any of you done this? and if so how well did it work? the reason i ask is the new strap seems like a smaller diameter after putting it on the BC

I use the Scubapro cam strap on my Oceanic Probe and my wife's Hera. No problem. I like the security of the cam strap and have never had a tank slip which it consantly did with the Oceanic tank strap. Never noticed it being shorter. You sure you have it routed correctly?

....yeah, that is a common problem with the Scubapro tank straps......they're kinda short depending on how much 'material' you have to thread them through...had a dive bud who had to abandon using hers when she upgraded BCs....just too short...what makes it ever worse is if you ever have to use a larger capacity 8" diameter tank.....if it won't fit a standard 7.25" diameter tank, it certainly won't be able to fit an 8" diameter tank.

Thanks, I just dont care for the aeris straps at all, it almost takes two people to secure good.

Hello,

Quick Question,

I just put a Scubapro cam latch and strap on my my Aeris BC, now have any of you done this? and if so how well did it work? the reason i ask is the new strap seems like a smaller diameter after putting it on the BC

I have them on three BP/W setup along with them on three other BCD's. They work great and have never had a tank slip using one.

I use 8 inch tanks a good bit and have never found them too short. Could possbily how they are weaved through your jacket.

I dont have a tank or i could check...lol, i think it'll be good

I have them on three BP/W setup along with them on three other BCD's. They work great and have never had a tank slip using one.

I use 8 inch tanks a good bit and have never found them too short. Could possbily how they are weaved through your jacket.

its like a "W"...in,out,in,out...are all BC's weaved this way?

I use a scubapro strap on my oceanic excursion and even with my 121lp it has room to spare. Similar in weave too, I belive.

I've got the ScubaPro strap on my SeaQuest Balance. I've used it with the standard AL80, plus steel 80cf and 100cf tanks. No problems. Much nicer strap than the original.

Back
Top Bottom