Scubapro tank strap on Seaquest BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsumner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering if anyone else has replaced their factory tank straps with SP tank straps. I put them on my Balance and other Seaquest BCs and they work very well to get a vise-grip on the tank without much effort.

we replaced the straps on an Oceanic Hera and an Islander. Both hubby & I really like the SP straps.

If I had to use a Seaquest BC, I'd do it with a Scubapro strap, but better yet, I use a Scubapro Classic Sport BC with a Scubapro strap.

I try to find the SP strap to put on my Seaquest pro QD.
But haven't find people sell it separately yet.
Any website recommended?

After using a AquaLung strap on my wife's new bc for one trip 10 years ago I changed it to a Scubapro strap and it has been perfect ever since.

That being said Halcyon OctoGrip straps cam on my Halcyon back plate and wing with the single tank adaptor and I have also been quite pleased with them. I debated replacing them with Scubapro straps before I brought it home and they told me if I was unhappy they would trade them out but to try them first. 300 dives later I haven't changed them.

I really think it is a matter of your confidence in the gear you own. If it was a liability the manufacturer would have changed them or been sued out of business. Your comfort level keeps you in the water longer, so make it easy on yourself

....personally I really like the Apollo Bio Tank Lock 2 tank straps....but the SP ones are fairly popular 'out there'....although I've seen problems with them being too short to use in some applications...also, the SS clamp thingy can be a real finger pincher if you're not careful...I've seen a few divers get 'bitten' by them !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom