Scubapro Twin Jets Question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I am very new to diving and was looking for a decent set of fins, at the local dive shop the twin jets were serious $$ so i decided to look online and bought a band new pair for less than half price. All the sizing charts i looked at said for a male foot size 10 1/2 US should get size large. They arrived in the mail and with 3 mm booties they are very large and wide?? Some people in other forums said it was a design feature? Not sure if thats true or not, can anyone help shed some light on this as i would rather not sell them because it was a complete steal at the price i got them for.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am very new to diving and was looking for a decent set of fins, at the local dive shop the twin jets were serious $$ so i decided to look online and bought a band new pair for less than half price. All the sizing charts i looked at said for a male foot size 10 1/2 US should get size large. They arrived in the mail and with 3 mm booties they are very large and wide?? Some people in other forums said it was a design feature? Not sure if thats true or not, can anyone help shed some light on this as i would rather not sell them because it was a complete steal at the price i got them for.

Thanks.
With a 3mm bootie and 10 1/2 US shoe size you are borderline between a Medium and Large for Twin Jets. It does have a wider foot pocket compared to something like a Seawing Nova. I think the literature describes it as an "extra-wide" foot pocket.

Thanks for the feedback,

I am yet to try them out and I'm guessing they would sit a bit better in the water maybe with a thicker bootie as well. Is the spring strap meant to gently hold the foot in or is it meant to be highly secured?

Thanks for the feedback,

I am yet to try them out and I'm guessing they would sit a bit better in the water maybe with a thicker bootie as well. Is the spring strap meant to gently hold the foot in or is it meant to be highly secured?

I prefer them to gently hold rather than be very tight. Evaluating them in the water is always the best option.

You might want to look into getting a hard sole bootie if you are using a soft sole one, something more of a rock boot type. I switched over to that style as I needed them anyways for some shore diving off of broken coral beaches. They fit my fins way better and give me a bit more support otherwise when I'm on a boat deck. That might help take up a bit of that clearance slop.

Last edited:
Used to have a pair of Twin Jets, and one of the things I liked about the wide pocket is it would accommodate boots with a wide range of sole thicknesses, neoprene, and widths which was very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom