Scubapro vs Mares Regulator Self Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After you service it a time or two, you'll find that you can do better on parts by assembling your own stock of o-rings, and various other parts as necessary. Welcome to the dark side!

I am actually already looking into this. Once I find a good place where I can get Viton of the various sizes I will be happy

you mentioned that you have the schematics, do you have the proper service manuals? if not then I have downloaded a load to my web pages feel free to download what ever you want. Service Manuals - UK Dive Guide I don't think i have the Mares R12 though. have a read through some of the other service manuals as this may give you a better understanding.

An IP gauge is a must, if you haven't already got one then they can be picked up for about £15.

you mentioned that you have the schematics, do you have the proper service manuals? if not then I have downloaded a load to my web pages feel free to download what ever you want. Service Manuals - UK Dive Guide I don't think i have the Mares R12 though. have a read through some of the other service manuals as this may give you a better understanding.

An IP gauge is a must, if you haven't already got one then they can be picked up for about £15.

Yes I have the manuals and those you have are actually not the service manuals but the instructions that come with the regulators.
Thanks anyway

Yes your right, a mixture of both for a lot of models and lacking a for other models. If you are able to PM me and email them to me then i can post them for others to share and use.

I have Apeks regs, easy to service (some special tools needed to make life a little easier) but hard to get the service kits. I have to order through a friend or from Germany, Although i do find them on ebay sometimes.

Do you have the O ring sizes for the MR12? if not i have a O ring database that has sizes
Apeks and Seaquest General - UK Dive Guide this has many makes and models in it.

Again if you are able to share any service manuals i am always on the look out and will post them on my web pages for all to download for free.

I think that the manufactures should make service manuals, parts and training available for all.

As most of us know the service manuals are on www.frogkick.dk - /
In some cases you do not need the exact one for your regulator and can improvise with a similar one of the same brand.
For example to service a Rebel second stage you can look at the Axis octopus which shares the same service kit.
The most critical thing is the de-assembly and re-assembling instructions especially the first time you do it
I have also found that in some cases you need to go the extra mile with tools as those in the service manual may not be possible to procure and may be easier to build if you know a welder

Hi
I am also trying to service a scubapro s600 second stage.I am stuck on removing the " removeable orifice" it seems to screw out using a split head screw driver.When I screw it anti clockwise it moves a few mm then stops moving ( but continues to turn ) Do I need the scubapro tool? Help please!

Hi
I am also trying to service a scubapro s600 second stage.I am stuck on removing the " removeable orifice" it seems to screw out using a split head screw driver.When I screw it anti clockwise it moves a few mm then stops moving ( but continues to turn ) Do I need the scubapro tool? Help please!

It will unthread but the o-ring will tend to hold it in place. I use a pencil eraser to push it out. You must be careful not to damage the knife edge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom