ScubaToys/ScubaBoard Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is anyone going on the ScubaToys/ScubaBoard cruise on Royal Caribbean Feb 17th thru 24th. Haven't found much information on it .... they don't list planned group dives so are you suppose to set up your own diving for each port ? The trip price quoted by ScubaToys is about $50 more than Expedia for the same cruise .

Does the ScubaToys price include diving?

ScubaToys just talk about the ports and the great diving there .... it doesn't say anything about planned dives or their costs ..... usually diving off cruise ships isn't that great if you use the cruise ship to book your dives ..... seen so little about the trip .... hoped ScubaBoard members knew more about it ...... didn't see anything advertising the trip on ScubaBoard and found the ad on the ScubaToys web sight by accident while checking out prices for some scuba Xmas gifts I'm planning on purchasing.

Is anyone going on the ScubaToys/ScubaBoard cruise on Royal Caribbean Feb 17th thru 24th. Haven't found much information on it .... they don't list planned group dives so are you suppose to set up your own diving for each port ? The trip price quoted by ScubaToys is about $50 more than Expedia for the same cruise .

Hi:
So sorry. I just saw your thread.

We are diving as a group with our own dive operators. Expedia is not including port charges or gov. taxes.

We will be using Dive Paradies in Cozumel, Scuba Jamaica in Montego Bay, and shore diving in Grand Cayman at either Devil's Groto or Eden's. Depends on what everyone wants to do there. We can get a boat there too, if that's what everyone wants. It's only 15.00 a tank to shore dive though.

Would you like to talk to me on the phone?

Hey! When are you ScubaBoarders coming to Grand Cayman?

And why do shore dives? Arrange for a dive boat to pick you up at the port and squeeze in 2 - 3 boat dives + lunch before your ship leaves. PM me if you want suggestions (I'm not in the dive industry and not selling anything).

Hey! When are you ScubaBoarders coming to Grand Cayman?

And why do shore dives? Arrange for a dive boat to pick you up at the port and squeeze in 2 - 3 boat dives + lunch before your ship leaves. PM me if you want suggestions (I'm not in the dive industry and not selling anything).

Hi:
Thanks for asking. We will be there Feb 21st. Shore diving is great in Cayman and really keeps the price down paying only for air. If the group changes their minds then we will let you know. For now we all want to shore dive that day. Thanks!

Consider going over to Sunset House instead. 2mins. by cab and the diving is a lot better.

Eden Rock is pretty beat up. Too many snorkelers and cruise divers have ground the coral down to nothing in areas. The day we were there, there were jetskis overhead also - not dangerous but likely scaring off the rays. The cruise boats moored straight out don't help either. It was the most disappointing shore dive we did there.

At Sunset House you've got the Mermaid photo op, My Bar (diver's hangout) for lunch and the Cathy Church Photo Gallery in the basement of the main house. And better, far more interesting reef structure.

At Sunset House you've got the Mermaid photo op, My Bar (diver's hangout) for lunch and the Cathy Church Photo Gallery in the basement of the main house. And better, far more interesting reef structure.

You know~~ I forgot all about Sunset House and the mermaid. I had a group there a few years back. Thanks for the reminder. That is a GREAT idea. My friend Dee runs the res center. I'll call her and set it up. Want to join us? :winky:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom