SD-1 Military Tan Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair
I want to say thinks I spoke with Susan this afternoon and placed my order for the fins. I have one last question about the fins, what is the buoyancy of the fins? are they positive, negative or neutral? I look forward to using these fins on my dive trip the week of the 21 july. I hope to have photos and stores of how i like them. Off to the mountains for some altitude diving when i get my fins. I forgot to see if there is a color option for these fins? If there is i would like the blue ones like "uncleavi" has in his photos if possible. If this will cause a delay in the fins then go with what you normally go with for the fin.
Thanks
Sam

Last edited:
I recall they are ever so slightly positive. not float your feet up positive, but they will not sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Sam, wrote a long note last night and today I see nothing of the time..... Amazing. Anyway the SD-1 floats and like meesier states they are balanced which give me the feeling of being angel. Yes, we will make your pair Tan Delta Blue. Have a great fourth, Blair and I plan to produce a video today for our youtube Force Fin site, in honor of my good friend Commander USN Clark Presswood, nick name "Clark the Shark". Thanks for your service. Best Bob

Bob I want to thank you for your developing a great product. As I have stated before I have been using then since I was in the military. They are a wonderful product and to be honest when I have spoke with other divers about the fin and one shop owner, they said they tried to see how well they would work but one thing they noticed as did I is that because of the boots they use here in the northwest are 5 mil with a thick sole and it makes them hard to fit a pair of regular force fin pocket. They enjoy the fin but they have said they have had problems with getting people to fit the fins with those boots. I am no acceptation I had no problem going with a 3mil boot and thinner sole, and they work great with that set up. I was not willing to go back to the conventional fin at all. I also have taken some classes here in the northwest and I have noticed that they do a lot of lake and shore diving and the areas we have to walk on are very rocky so I was willing to accept the fact of going with thinner soles boots as long as I have could use my force fin pros. I had thought about going with the xxl pros but I keep recalling our conversation a year ago when I called you, and you mentioned that you custom make the SD-1 fins for each diver and the care and quality you provide. I decided (after getting approval from other half of course) to get a set of fins that I feel would be my last set of fins I would need to buy for years to come. Even though I still have my pros (as a backup) and a pair of the rocket fins (ouch) as loaners. I wanted to say thank you for making such a great product and making diving so enjoyable and fun. I will give a full report and hope to have photos with these fins.
Thanks
Sam Chavez

Sam, not sure why there is a problem with a 5mm boot. I wear mine (XXL) with a 7mm boot and the inserts. I take the insert out when I use my drysuit. I am real sure my drysuit boot is much larger than the 5mm. Try a different size!

I bounce back and forth with my XXL and my SD-1's, both are fantastic but I choose each one for slightly different reasons.

But the point, Bob, you make a great product, I think many us realize just how hard you really do work and your products show that dedication, keep up the good work. You fins are the only bright point in the market today.

Jester1226
Thanks for the info but my force fin pros are XL so they are a tight fit. I wear a size 9 boot and the boots I wear are Deep sea manta. It is all in the sole that make the difference in this I think that neoprene would stretch and conform to the pocket but the sole does not. Almost to tight for me, so I decided to go with a 3 mil boot with a thin sole and they fit great. If the pocket was half inch higher and a quarter inch wider they would be perfect but if I recall that much of a difference would make it a XXL fin. So I decided to just go with the SD -1 fin because of the possibility of me eventually going with a dry suit. Those can either be thicker or thinner based on the suit, so why not go with something that can accommodate me regardless of what boot i go with and not compromise on the fin I am using. I am curious if BOB had put the SD-1 pocket on the FF pro how it would perform?
Thanks
Sam

Last edited:
Sam, I will be put up against the wall and shot, if I play around with any more r&d. I have made a SD-1 foot pocket on a Force Fin Blade, and it now sits in a box along with other variations of the SD-1. I will be lucky this year due to increased fin sales to be able to finish the OPS. Tomorrow your blue Tan Delta SD-1 will be created. Thanks for your support and encouragement. Best Bob

Bob
Thanks I look forward to getting them wet soon. Oh i can understand on the R&D part I was curious was all if you had done something like that and what the results were is all.
Thanks
Sam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom