SD-1 Military Tan Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam, maybe down the road I can send you the Force Fin blade with the SD-1 footpocket, so you can try it.. I liked it, but I had to pull into reality when they bailed out the everyone who should have not received a dime of my tax money. Well....sticking to fins, I will post a photo tomorrow of the orange blade fin. Best Bob

Bob
It was great to talk to you and know that my fins will be here soon. I do think it would be interesting to dive the one force fin wing blade with the SD-1 pocket that Blair posted a pic of.

I do have one question about the use of the SD-1 fins? Do I still kick like I am using my force fin pro? Do you or any other members have video how how these fins perform? I am just wondering what to expect when use them, because I notice they are different in shape that the original force fin shape?
Thanks
Sam

Sam,
Your fins are on their way and you could be diving them by this weekend? To answer your question about kicking the same as you do with the PRO.

First and foremost You can not compare the SD1 with another fin. It is a POWERHOUSE- The SD1 works and has an amazing versatile Foot pocket, but it is a completely different Force Fin. You can expect to respect the power of the SD1. As a Force Finner the difference will be clear that a lot more energy goes into using the SD1. The response is great and is heavy duty all the way around. Jet finners love to jump the SD1 and it brings a lot of attention at Dive Demos and on the Oil Platforms where they are being used as well. It is designed for the Military and different Armed Forces around the world have taken an interest and incorporated them as part of the elite gear. Enjoy them, respect them the SD1 Force Fins. Safe diving!

With SD1 MTD you can kicking like any other Force Fin, or as frogkick type.
As SD1 are very powerful, I find it convenient and comfortable used with the frogkick.
In either case SD1MTD are excellent and very powerful, ideal for use with any equipment, at any circumstance imaginable.

Best regards
Saludos
José

Bair
Thank you very much I look forward to using my new fins. I am excited i will get to use them in the pool first before i get to take the to the mountains for some altitude diving. Thanks for the information on how to use and kick with these fins.

I know this is different question for this thread but, how to you frog kick I have never done it. Do you have a video or a some instruction on how to do this?

Thanks
Sam Chavez

I got home from classes today and I found a package here at my door. I was excited as I have been waiting for these fins since before I ordered them. I opened them up and took a look at them and they are truly an amazing work of art. I pulled out my camera and I decided to take some photos of th fins. Below you will find the photos I took of the fins.

straight out of the box.

I opened them up to see how the foot pocket was laced to the bottom. I like now nice and neet it this is. (2 photos)

Here is a photo after I adjusted them for my foot and have it layed out. I love how BOB has my name inscribed on the tip edge of the fin, nice job BOB very personal touch.

Same fin flipped over showing the skid pad. Bob I noticed that there are some dimples or pits as part of the molding process on this fin, Can yon explain their purpose (I am guess it was a way of cutting down on the weight of the fin maybe)?

Here is a side view of the fin compared to a quarter to show the thickness of the fin

Here I show the thickness of the fin tip edge compared to a quarter.

Here you get a complete side profile showing the fin

Here is a picutre of how see though the fin is with just the light from my living room coming though the fin. I figured it would make a interesting wallpaper for the comptuer.

Last we see the force fin bag that comes with the fins. This is a nice bag it comes with shoulder straps, and closes with a snap connecter like the ones on the fins, and has an interal pocket for keep the small bottle of defog, or other small item, it also has a mesh bottom, to let the water drain out of the wet items in the bag.

all of this was before I went to the pool to try out these fins. I was looked at strange when I pulled these fins out of my bag people were stopping and turning their heads. This is nothing new to those of you using force fins already. (I just smile and do my best donald duck sound and say "Hello"). I am completly amazed at these fins. They have lots of power and can really move. I have tried a couple of differnt styles kickes with these and it did not matter what kick I used I was moving in the water with out much effort. I cant wait to try these in the mountain lakes. Bob these fins are wonderful, I can wait to see what you do next and work your magic on.

Attachments

• 100_6523.jpg
    100_6523.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_6524.jpg
    100_6524.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_6525.jpg
    100_6525.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_6526.jpg
    100_6526.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_6530.jpg
    100_6530.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_6531.jpg
    100_6531.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_6533.jpg
    100_6533.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_6534.jpg
    100_6534.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_6539.jpg
    100_6539.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_6540.jpg
    100_6540.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_6541.jpg
    100_6541.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_6542.jpg
    100_6542.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_6543.jpg
    100_6543.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 84
Sam, you have that right, they are a piece of art. Yes, the dimples are to reduce weight, and to reducing surface drag. Also your name and date have been engraved below the fabric foot pocket, there should have been a copy of this provided with the SD-1 fins. My assistant Robert Flores will not start the lacing work till I have laid this paper work on the fins. Glad you are happy, have a great week end, off to the shop to play on a new design for underwater hockey, Best, Bob

Yes i saw that paper with my name and date on the fins. I forgot to add that to my review I do like how they are personalized to me, and if they ever get stolen I have proof they are mine Thanks Great idea on the engraving the owners name on the fine.
Thanks
Sam

Back
Top Bottom