SD400 Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hantzu701

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently picked up the Canon SD400. Looking to take the camera underwater and looking for a compatible uw housing. Saw that the closest housing is for the SD500, but I think that the SD400 and SD500 are slightly different. Does anyone know if the SD400 will fit into the SD500 canon housing OR a compatible housing for this camera?

Thanks.

Already looked at that. The AW-DC30 is not much good beyond 10ft.

ScubaMarc:
10 feet, is that correct, my housing for the sd500 goes to 130. From the pictures it looks the same.

Yeah, my wife and I almost bought (in fact had our finger on the purchase button, when we noticed that. Even on the Canon website it said it was rated for 9.8 feet. I couldn't believe it.

disjected:
Yeah, my wife and I almost bought (in fact had our finger on the purchase button, when we noticed that. Even on the Canon website it said it was rated for 9.8 feet. I couldn't believe it.
There is a generic housing that is supposed to fit and give you some control. I have no idea if it works.

See
http://www.dive-equinox.com/seaspy/index.html

If you look closely, there is a difference between the AW- series and the WP- series canon housings.

AW = All Weather (works to ~10 ft)
WP = Water Proof (130 ft)

Still looking for a WP housing for the sd400.. :)

[Edit] I called Canon USA, they tell me that they do have the AW housing for the SD400, but no WP housing. Since they didn't come out with a WP housing when the camera was released, it's not likely there ever will be one.

Guess I'll return my sd400 for an sd500 (which has a WP housing)...

- d.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom