SDA Nitrox card accepted??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I emailed them, and they wouldn't reply. I think it stands for sports diving academy.

It is part of itda. check itda.net.

They claimed that "all padi" agencies accepts the card. My guess is, there are so many cert agencies out there, that no one would wink an eye on another nitrox card.

Send me $25 bucks, and I will make you a nitrox card. Just kidding, you would have to pass an oral exam with me first...

Yes, and can you breath? In, out, in, out, in....

oral exam? Is on SKYPE OK?:D

fisherdvm:
They claimed that "all padi" agencies accepts the card. My guess is, there are so many cert agencies out there, that no one would wink an eye on another nitrox card.

Send me $25 bucks, and I will make you a nitrox card. Just kidding, you would have to pass an oral exam with me first...

Yes, and can you breath? In, out, in, out, in....

Is that breathing to do done in a confined area, or open air???

As nitrox is usually used in the open water environment, and not in a confined swimming pool, my test is done in the open air. To more realistically simulate the real diving environment.

There was no actual diving/pool work associated with my SSI Nitrox class since, well, actually diving with it is identical to diving with air (in the terms of, if you can breath off of a tank of air, you won't notice if someone has switched it to nitrox).

It was all classwork to learn about nitrox, the effects, the advantages, the disadvantages, the limitations, how the nitrox tables work, equipment, how to test your bottle of nitrox, etc. so it's not like some online course will end up shortchanging you somehow compared to any other nitrox course.

Padi now has is set up that you don't need to dive to get your Nitrox cert now as well. That being said I took Padi's Enriched Air course and did 2 dives as "part of" my training, but I was not forced into it and not required to. Personally I dont know why they don't lump Nitrox into the OW or AOW certs (not just PADI but all agencies). I mean it might add another day of classroom, but the benefits of enriched air and the diver training would be worth it I think.

h90, have you signed up for the class yet?? For $49, you can't beat the deal.

I think the nitrox cert is an easy way for LDS to make a little money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom