SDI Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, I am NOT trying to pizzz-awf anybody but aren't some aspect of this convo better suited to the "instructors only" forum? Just a suggestion thats all, so please don't whip me for it.

Roibway

Hey guys, I am NOT trying to pizzz-awf anybody but aren't some aspect of this convo better suited to the "instructors only" forum? Just a suggestion thats all, so please don't whip me for it.

Roibway
I would tend to agree that a lot of this is more of interest to just the Instructors in the thread, but that doesn't negate the fact that these items started their discussion on a public forum, and it would be kind of rude to remove that discussion from the interested parties.

We've not talked about anything here that shouldn't be 100% out in the open. I believe the student divers need to be more informed of standards -- that way, they'll know when they're getting a sub-standard course.

For instance:

1. completing a PADI course, but not receiving a PADI card, or not owning a PADI manual.
2. completing an SDI course, without being told that they're only certified to dive if they have a dive computer with them.

Back
Top Bottom