SE MI Winter Diving... Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for some new spots for winter diving in SE Michigan. Have been diving Marine City but could use a change of pace. Any ideas? I'm up for anything.

DudleyNMU:
marysville off of river road...also San suci harsens island....

Thanks for the input. Ya, I heard about in front of San Souci Bar. May do that this weekend. Any suggestions along river rd?

We enter the water just north of the boat launch off the wall from the parking lot. Do about 15 minute dive or soo could be more if you wanna walk.Lots of fishing tackle and what not to be found.I havent dove it yet this winter but this is where i do my river diving.

Is union lake still open or are they Ice Diving...Just wondering. Thanks

diver_paula:
There's almost always a group diving Union Lake in Commerce Twp. on Sundays.

At the DNR boat launch? I'd be game for some ice diving.

Yes, at the DNR boat launch. I'm not sure on the ice status. It was frozen over recently but I'm not sure given this weeks temps. Give me a few hours to make some calls and check it out.

Paula

Here's the scoop.... The ice on Union Lake is thicker than it has been in years. Last Sunday it was a foot thick. It took a chainsaw with a 16" blade to cut the access hole.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom