Sea and Sea DX 1G- Strobe problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aliecon

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a DX 1G with YS 27 strobe. I can see the red light so the strobe is charging, but it doesn't flash. The problem might be with the cable, camera or strobe.

Does anyone know a way to check whether the cable is the problem?

is your Camera flash firing?

The camera's flash has to be closed when using the strobe. The strobe doesn't fire.
Camera's flash is working properly too.
THere are two different ports on the housing for the fiber optic cable and I tried both.

errr.... you need to OPEN your cameras flash before putting it in the casing AND turn on the internal flash. The Strobe takes its firing cue from the flash of your camera via the fibre optic cable. You would need to put the diffuser in your casing down though.

Also, your strobe needs to be set to number 2 for it to fire effectively. You should have at least been told all this by the salesman, or you could have read the manual....

Thanks to everyone especially to "hammerhead".
I bought this online and it turns out that I don't have the manual for the strobe!
IMO camera's manual sucks.

I am good to go, I'll post some pictures soon!

Thanks to the forum :)

Glad I was able to help. Would love to see your pictures. I will be posting my pics from my Galapagos trip soon. They were taken with my DX-1G.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom