Sea Cure Mouth Piece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely the best money you will spend on any piece of diving equipment. While I don't think I bit hard on the mouthpiece, after a long week of diving I would always feel like I was off-gassing through my teeth (i.e. they felt tired and wiggly). With the Seacure, I have none of that.

My wife also has issue with TMJ and used to have to take the reg out of her mouth periodically to rest her jaw and with the Seacure doesn't have to do this at all.

Absolutely worth the investment.

As DA points out in #5; first make sure you have the correct hose length and routing. This is where a buddy and a pool can be of some use. Have him hover around as you model the regulator to see if you have any undue stress on the hose. You may also want to consider a Miflex hose. I like the Sea Cure mouth piece, but I also like the Comfo-Bite mouthpiece too. At any rate, if you buy a new mouthpiece, please ensure it fits your regulator second stage opening properly. Sea Cure has at least 2 sizes and so does Comfo-Bite.

couv

Last edited:
I used to bite through the normal mouth pieces in the course of a week (dental issues missing a few teeth)..
The Sea Cure is amazing .. I bought three spares just in case..

I used them for years, However since I got the Atomic reg for whatever reason I haven't felt the need to put it on. Whether the improvement is the weight, the Atomic mouthpiece or the comfort swivel, i no longer feel the need to have one.

I bought one for my wife's reg. she likes it. our tech has a complaint about them. he says that over time they get hard. maybe not the part for your teeth, but the part that attaches to the reg. he's seen some get so hard that getting them off a plastic bodied reg broke the reg.

I'd say that you might want to ask your tech for an opinion on this & if it's observed to be hardening, a replacement would be in order before t gets too hard.

I actaully just ran across this today when I serviced a customers reg it does get hard however a quick soak in hot water cures it no problem.

If i was diving a recreational rig I'd dive a sea cure for sure.

Does anyone have any experience with the Sea Cure custom fit mouth piece? I have the habit of biting hard while diving and end up with a sore jaw.

I've used Seacure mouthpieces for years and wouldn't dive without one. Because they're molded to your teeth, you don't have to bite down, just hold it in your mouth. No tension or biting. It sits very comfortably in your mouth. :palmtree: Bob

I used to have jaw fatigue isuues but do not after I did the following.

I recently bought a seacure and love it. No jaw fatigue to complain about. If you want to take things a step further as I did, I placed a swivel onto my first stage along a slightly longer hose. It is not a ball swivel that Oceanic or Atomics offers but one that has more degrees of freedom. Just checked my reg and the company name is not listed on the swivel. I am sure your LDS can find one (or you yourself) and have it installed. If you buy a longer hose I would go with the miflex hose as another user listed. Hope this helps.

I've had to replace a mouthpiece on several occasions but I always balked at the price of the molded variety and went with something else. A few years ago I splurged and tried the brand you mentioned. I found it to be an improvement (more comfortable after several days of diving) over the original equipment mouthpiece.

Back
Top Bottom