Sea Diamond Greek Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCDVR

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is paying attention but a Greek Cruise ship sank yesterday in shallow water(hit a reef can't be to deep). Is the the ultimate wreck dive now? I mean were talking a 469 foot modern cruise liner in great shape not to far off shore not and not to deep. Someone start organizing this trip.

Sorry, but it will be salvaged. Then chopped up and removed, dragged to deeper water, or blown in place. It is a nav haz, so it won't be staying there. Plus it is worth millions upon millions of dollars. It aslo needs clean up, as it has contaminated the water with oil, chemicals, and trash. If you tried to dive it, they'd arrest you for trespassing. It is still owned by the cruise line, and not public property. Maritime law can be a slippery slope. We had sport divers run off all the time out in the Gulf. Technically it is illegal to dive on an active oil platform. It is also illegal to enter, or take things from, the U-boats off NC without permission. Those still belong to the German government.
I am going back to school. Forget this engineering stuff. I want to be a lawyer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom