Sea Horse Dive Club Swap Meet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The annual Scuba swap meet will be held on Saturday, April 29th, from 9:00 AM to 1 PM in Kent, WA. Proceeds from this year’s swap meet will be donated to the Edmonds Underwater Park. The Underwater Park is the crown jewel of Puget Sound diving and its operating budget is based solely on donations. Bruce Higgins and his loyal band of Edmonds Underwater Park volunteers have built an incredible 27 acre underwater park on a tiny budget. Last year’s swap meet raised over $600 for the park, thanks to many generous vendors and individuals who donated items for the raffle. Come join us at the Swap meet, buy, sell or trade, enter a few raffles, win a few prizes and help support the park.
This is an event for any and all parties to buy, sell or swap scuba gear. Several area shops look forward to this annual event to sell their rental gear, returns, new and used gear, and slow moving merchandise. These shops also get great exposure to a group of customers who have probably never been in their shops. The advertising of dive store classes, trips, clubs and events is encouraged. The main focus of the swap meet in the past was for the divers to “clean out the garage” of older dive gear and upgrade to new equipment, but the meet has since transformed into an event for any divers interested in diving. The Boeing Sea Horse Scuba Club and I invite you to participate in this year’s event in April. Last years attendance exceeded our expectations as the crowds of people swamped our facility, and we expect even more this year!
Admittance is free for buyers. The entire event is indoors so rain doesn’t affect it. A nominal table/space fee is charged for all sellers. The fee structure is as follows: $10.00 for a 1/2 table (about 2’x3. 5'), $15.00 for a full table (2’x 7’) and $40.00 for a booth (3 tables arranged in a “U” shape or other pattern). The fee structure is slightly higher on the day of the swap meet. The Sea Horse Club will set-up and break-down the tables and chairs. Vendors can begin setting up at 8:00 AM, the doors open to the public at 9:00 AM.
This year each dive club or 501C3 which pre-registers will receive a free table. We will also be holding several drawings for door prizes and raffles during the swap meet and would very much welcome any donations from shops, travel agencies, resorts or scuba equipment manufacturers. We will acknowledge the prize provider and the prizes during the swap meet. The proceeds from any raffles will also go to the Edmonds Underwater Park. For those interested in providing items for the raffle, please contact me.
A free brochure/information table is always available to distribute dive related information. This is also an excellent opportunity to put on a demonstration, or give a talk on any scuba related topic. If you are interested, please contact me so that a time & room can be arranged.
Maps, table reservation forms, driving directions, and additional information are available at our website: http://seahorsediveclub.com/
Event location – Boeing Activity Center, 22649 83rd Ave South, Kent, WA 98032
Contact JD Rowe 425-293-2563, swapmeet@seahorsediveclub.com , Swap Meet Coordinator, Boeing Employees Scuba Club

Any of you fellow ScubaBoardans want to chip in on a table? If we get enough interest, we can rent a "ScubaBoard booth".

This is for a good cause ... a good way to get some $$ for that old gear you're not using anymore ... and it's a fun way to spend a morning hobnobbing with fellow divers ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We are going to have to postpone or cancel the swap meet this year. New corporate guidelines will not allow us to use the Boeing facility for an event which has outside vendors and non club members.

We are currently searching for an alternate site or venue for this event. We raised over $600 for the Edmonds Underwater Park last year, this included all club profits for the event. With a budget of these dimensions, it is difficult to find a location where we can hold such an event without breaking even or owing money at its conclusion.

This cancellation ends a long standing tradition of holding swap meets for our club, they have been held for the past 25 years.

We're looking for a church, a school Cafeteria, a community center, a gymnasium or some large location we could use on a Saturday morning say 8 am to noon or so, for a nominal fee. It would need to include tables and parking. Something similar to the location we have used in the past.

If you have any possibilities or know of a place, please advise.

Thanks for your support.

Sorry for the inconvenience, JD Rowe, Swap meet coordinator Boeing Sea Horses.

JD ... I posted this over in northwestdiver.com also ...

Is there any possibility that (since you're doing this to raise funds for the underwater park) this could be an outdoor pavillion sort of event held on the north beach at the underwater park? It would have a certain appeal ... but I don't know what potential obstacles the City of Edmonds might impose ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Does anyone know if this event was relocated?

Somebody asked the same question of JDR on NorthwestDiver and I don't think there's been a response yet...

I'm hoping it happens. I want a camera!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom