Sea scooter /dpv choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floyd1957

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone
New to forum, in market for a recreational sea scooter. (90% of time for snorkelling) Must be airline transportable. My weight, around 105kg (17 stone ish).
Thinking of either
Single Scubajet.
Double lefeet.
Or even double Waydoo. (Subnado)
Like idea of double so I can split unit and let kids use one each. But if Scubajet were best they, d have to cooperate and share. Like idea of experimenting with unit on SUP aswell. (all these can do that)
Any experiences, advice would be great on any of them. (or others)
Thanks
Floyd

PS
Quite an experienced diver but had to pack in on health grounds. Surface and to 10 feet my limit now. Hence the toys.

I've personally never dove any of the above, only physically larger DPVs (most DiveX models + the crappy yamahas).

But at one point I looked into the ScubaJet Pro, it looked neat from a youtube demo from DEMA last year.
I think the internets consensus was ScubaJet >> Lefeet / Subnado by a country mile.
My recommendation on scooters / battery powered devices in general is always go a little more bad ass than you think you'll need. Theres nothing like an underpowered, quick to lose charge, device ruining those precious moments we have free to fun-time.

With that also being said, someone else on here is selling a pair of Lefeets for $400 each, or $700 for the paid + shipping. Might be worth it to check them out.

I have two Scubajets, would recommend them over the Lefeet or Subnado but they will be more expensive, but you will get better speed and duration.

The Scubajets are certainly not a toy scooter as they will easily keep up with my Blacktip Travel scooter.
I have done a 4 kilometer 2 hr dive with a scubajet!
I also use it on my SUP

I have two Scubajets, would recommend them over the Lefeet or Subnado but they will be more expensive, but you will get better speed and duration.

The Scubajets are certainly not a toy scooter as they will easily keep up with my Blacktip Travel scooter.
I have done a 4 kilometer 2 hr dive with a scubajet!
I also use it on my SUP
how does the runtime compare to your blacktip, running at the same speeds and vs the blacktip with 12ah batteries?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom