Sea & Sea Macro adaptor for Olympus Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yyip

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with using the Sea&Sea adaptor which uses Motor Marine II lenses on the Olympus housings. And will this adaptor work on the PT-015?

Thanks!

Haven't used the WAL myself ( next christmas prezzy :D ) but here's an extract from underwaterdigital.net under Olympus housing :

"The Olympus PT-015 is also compatible with Sea and Sea, Olympus and INON wide angle and macro lens."

Reye...I believe that statement pertains to the S&S, Oly and Inon lenses made for use with the housings, not requiring the adaptor ring. BTW...You'll love the S&S WAL L lens!

Yyip....I know of several people who used the adaptors when they first came out. If I remeber correctly they worked OK. You have to take the ring on the flat port off and replace it with the adaptor.

I upgraded from a MMIIex-Pro to my C-4040/PT-10 set-up and I was really tempted to keep those MMII lenses. I didn't keep them for a couple of reasons...1) I made more money by selling them with the whole system as a package. 2) I knew S&S was working on a lens to fit the housing.

Thanks for the tips. Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular macro feature on the Oly 5050 vs adding on the Sea&Sea MMII macro lens?

Thanks!

STOP!!!

why spend over £150 on a macro lens, when you can buy a 67mm No. 1 close up filter that works just as well!

Check my site (new section) and look at the moray's, they were taken with the No. 1 close up and I was about 6" - 12" away from the moray.

The filter should cost you about £20, whci I'm sure you will agree is a considerable saving!

yyip once bubbled...
Thanks for the tips. Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular macro feature on the Oly 5050 vs adding on the Sea&Sea MMII macro lens?

Thanks!

I have the 4040, not the 5050, but without knowing all the technical details and numbers, the macro feature of the 4040 is just about the same as the 2T macro lens for the MMII. The big different is I don't have the framer bars to scare the critters with and I don't have to be 3" away to get great macro shots...the zoom is a great tool! The 5050 has a super macro feature that alot of folks really like.

Thanks!

Oops! Sorry for the repost. Had a wake up from hibernation glitch...

Back
Top Bottom