Sea&Sea TTL vs Ikelite and other newbie questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina,

Thanks again for the info. I don't ever shoot programmed or entire auto mode (never even used the "scenes" settings) on my dSLR. If anything, its in Av or Tv...and sometimes manual. I grew up in a house with photo gear, first 100% manual 35mm SLR was given to me at 15...the only "auto" thing it had was an integrated light meter. If I wanted some auto-magic camera that did all of the thinking I'd likely shoot a pro-sumer digital.

I guess what I really have to decide is if I want Ikelite strobes or Sea&Sea. Price is a big factor, especially if I am going to just use manual anyway...its a $600+ savings by going with 2 YS-110s vs 2 DS-125s. $600 is a lot of charter diving when I own everything. I guess what I was wanting to figure out is if I could even get Sea&Sea TTL to work through the Ike housing. It looks like I could always put the H-W eTTL converter on it if I decided I wanted it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom