Sea & Sea YS-27DX questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never had an issue with Eneloops myself. I use with a Sea & Sea YS-01.

Let your freshly charged batteries "cool down" for a couple of hours before putting them in a "sealed compartment", i.e. strobe, dive light, etc. Charge them the night before your dive, perhaps. Or what I do is rotate a set of 4 AA, every day of diving, if you are on vacation say. Use one set during the day, while the other set is back at the hotel room charging for the next day. For what it's worth, I have one set of Eneloop, and the other is the Apple Rechargeable AA. They are re-branded Eneloops as far as I can tell. And the Apple charger works great !!!

What is a "small time?" I use Eneloops in my strobe and change them between days of diving, but not right after I get off the boat. Haven't had a problem, but I'm not sure if Eneloops are NiMH.
Eneloops are indeed NiMH but they are the recommended batteries for the S2000.
Bill

Just a follow up on the strobe.
As I said I went for an Inon S-2000 and took it with me to a live aboard to the Similan Islands on New Year.
I built a DIY tray and flexible arm plus a fibre optic sync cable; the home made cable cost 20 times less than the Inon one and works just as well (I suppose!) :rofl3: The tray worked well except that the alloy of aluminium I used seems to corrode a bit in sea water; the flexible arm (made out of a Gorillapod) work fantastic.
The strobe itself performed brilliantly, although in a few instances the photos came out way over exposed (as in white) or underexposed, I shouldn't wonder if that was a glitch on the camera metering or me fumbling some setting.

I did 15 dives and I'm starting to get the hang of this strobe thingy, now I'm thinking of buying a second strobe for next trip. :eyebrow:

Some of the photos using the strobe:

Similan2010-3108.jpg

Similan2010-3046.jpg

Similan2010-2934.jpg

Similan2010-2632.jpg

Similan2010-2588.jpg

Similan2010-2563.jpg

Similan2010-2866.jpg

Similan2010-2893.jpg

Similan2010-2590.jpg

Similan2010-2592.jpg

Similan2010-2496.jpg