Sea & Sea YS-30 compatability with Inon S-2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlearyous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I shoot with a Canon S95 and Inon S-2000 strobe. I have the posibility to purchase a Sea&Sea YS-30 from the local dive shop and I'm curious about the compatability with the S-2000 I already have. I often shoot with the S-2000 manually but have recently been experimenting with shooting TTL.

My main question being how would the YS-30 work together (will it?) with the S-2000? Being that it does not have the capability of manual power settings this would mean that I could only shoot TTL using both strobes?

I am still a bit confused about how TTL works with compact cameras, though I've read quite a few posts about it. Any clarificaton there would be appreciated as well.

HI-
The YS-30 can be used as a cordless slave strobe and should fire off the S-2000. You would set the S-2000 as your primary strobe and the YS-30 as the secondary.
Since the YS-30 is discontinued, it has not been tested with the S-2000 or current models. However, it should be compatible - we recommend testing the system thoroughly to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom