Sea Spanner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradStyle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is probably the wrong forum to post this in, but as the Sea Spanners were of Kiwi manufacturer, I thought maybe I'd try here first.

Anyone have one they'd be willing to sell? Friend of a friend of a friend?? I'd be willing to pay a pretty penny. Would need to be shipped internationally.

You're all welcome to laugh at me for trying as well. I'm sure I've got it coming.

Cheers.

One of these?
Looks useful but I haven't seen one in years... seem highly prized!

Sea Spanner still feature them on their website splash page, maybe drop them a line?

Closest thing I can find in AU is this:

Attachments

• Sea Spanner NZ.jpg
    Sea Spanner NZ.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 167
I'm not sure I know what a "sea spanner" is, in the context of diving I would think of something like a "Coilover Spanner Wrench Set" or a similar 1st stage regulator specific spanner, but in the context of a boat I would think of something like the wrench to open a deck water/pump out fitting, firefighting has handy spanner wrenches for hose fittings, and water/oil filter tool might even be referred to as a spanner..
Since a picture's worth a thousand words this link shows some "spanner" options that may be of interest to you: McMaster-Carr

Thanks for the responses. Yes, indeed @Fibonacci your attachment is the tool I'm looking for. Maitland doesn't make them anymore and I can't even get them to respond to me about where I might look for used. There are other options where I live, in the USA, but I love good tools, and the prospect of owning one or more of the coveted, original Sea Spanners is just too great for me to give up looking so easily.

If you know anyone who can beat the bushes and source a couple I'd be happy to pay them a finders fee as well.

Cheers.

I couldn't find a SeaSpanner either; I ended up with this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom