Sea turtles of honduras (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This video is made from clips I shot while recently living on Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras. The scenes have Green Turtles, Hawksbill Turtles, some of which are surrounded by beautiful reef fish. Some of the turtles are adorned with large remoras, while another is seen with only three legs......one of which was likely lost to a tiger shark attack. I should also note that all video was taken in West End Marine Park while diving with Splash Inn Divers. See video here: SEA TURTLES OF ROATAN (2) - YouTube. Enjoy!

Kudos to Cuda. Especially love the nap time with the remoras.

Nice stuff. I have done a total of 6 weeks of 3 tank a day diving on Roatan, almost all of the dives east of Calvin's Crack, and have not seen a single turtle. Nice to see that they are still around somewhere. Have seen lots of really cool critters on the reefs, check my photo page. The first 10 shots are from my most recent trip to Roatan, then some from Curacao and then more from Roatan. Not a turtle in the bunch!

Nice video, what are you using for a camera??? The first time I dove was during a Discover Scuba excursion with Anenoma Divers in Roatan Christmas of 09', and we were blessed to be able to dive with a turtle for several minutes. I must say that was part of what hooked me on the sport.

Nice video, what are you using for a camera??? The first time I dove was during a Discover Scuba excursion with Anenoma Divers in Roatan Christmas of 09', and we were blessed to be able to dive with a turtle for several minutes. I must say that was part of what hooked me on the sport.

I'm using a Canon video camera, Ikelite housing, twin Ikelite pro-8 video lights and an Ikelite wide angle lens with a red SW filter. Some of the clips were shot WO W/A lens and filter or lights......depending on depth ad available light. It should be noted that there is some difference in clarity in the video. This was due to diffeenent sites, water conditions and available light.

Video clips were shot while I was living on Roatan's West End during July, August and September 2011. Almost all dives (well over 100) were in done in the West End Marine Park. It was unusual NOT to see at least one turtle per dive. On some dives we saw as many as 6 to 8 turtles. I would recommend the West end marine park to any diver wishing to see everthing from nudibranches, pipehorses, blennies, turtles, snappers and giant groupers.

Thanks to all who have enjoyed my video.

Your Sea Turtle videos are awesome ! My girlfriend has been in love with Sea Turtles and has passed that interest on to me. Recently I swam with a Sea Turtle in St. Lucia (3min video in my signature) and now I cant get enough of them myself ! Your video was nicely done and I hope that both my GF & I are lucky enough to see so many someday ourselves ! Thanks for sharing !

Awesome video, but someone needs to educate these turtles to stay off the coral!! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom