Sealife MicroHD+ Froze up? Is this unique or common

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying Scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have a 32gb MicroHD since may 2015. My last trip (after than 50 dives) it froze in on position in the first dive. I had to let the battery drain to switch off. The same problem persisted after recharging. It just remained on. i have sent in for repair and am wondering whether I continue with the sealife camera or just switch to another brand. I loved the portability and worry-free nature of the camera but I want something reliable. Would love to hear from MicroHD owners. Of note is that I take care of my gear VERY well.

I don't know if it's common or not, but my experience has been nothing but good. I have taken mine (exact same model as yours) on about 20 dives, some as deep as 90 fsw or so, and it has always performed like a champ.

Thx. I loved mine too. So compact and very adequate pics. Had 50 dives on mine when it froze. Most even were relatively shallow in Anilao n Cozumel. Will post once i see what went wong. Just v disappointed.

I had an issue with freezing as well- and an issue with my battery where it died 20 minutes into my dive but I guess my charger got wet and was corroding the pin they said- my light also froze so it ruined my whole night dive experience. Overall I like the product and the customer service was good, however when I get more dives and experience with photography under my belt I would like to upgrade. However I just love that I don't have to worry about a memory card or flooding.

Thanks. Certainly makes me think of branching out. Customer service excellent fast response. They are replacing mine which means it wasn't worth fixing. Not sure whether brand new or refurbished. Encouraging but concerned about how it will perform in future.i couldn't take any photos my last trip. Tsk.

To update. SeaLife was very responsive and replaced my camera. Something about corrosion on contact points. The replacement worked well for 6 dies then it started to not hold charge. Battery half drained when I started to dive in morning after full all bars lit charge night before. Tsk. Then it just froze up and refused to do anything. Just like my last camera. It is going back for repair. Needless to say I am buying a backup (different brand). love the MicroHD when it is functioning :-(
Read amazon post reporting freezing up. Doesn't seem common but seems to happen. Tsk.

Back
Top Bottom